WGS ET90 vs G12C/s opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JMarkoz, Jan 16, 2015.

1. JMarkoz

JMarkoz Supporting Member

I'm getting ready to replace the stock speaker in my Mesa Express 5:50+, and I think I've narrowed it down to the WGS ET90 vs G12C/s.

Anybody out there have experience with either of these?

The stock MC-90 is a shade too bright for me and does not usually play nice with my fuzz pedals. And most of my guitars are kinda bright (most notably a G&L Comanche), so I'm looking for something with good cleans, can handle OD & fuzz, but isn't too bright. I like to play blues, r&b, funk, rock .. no metal functionality needed.

I've heard a G12c/s in a 1-12" with a Dusky D20 and that combination sounded great, but I have not yet heard a ET90. Reviews of WGS here seem to indicate that WGS has a decent return policy, so if I guess wrong I can get another shot without too much hassle.

2. JMarkoz

JMarkoz Supporting Member

3. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

I just put a G12C/S in a little Kustom 112 cab and it sounds great. Does exactly what I wanted it to do which was slightly round off the top while leaving the bottom and mids. Used with an Ibanez TSA15 which has a Fender BF vibe. Still has plenty of highs, it's not dark at all. No experience with ET90.