wgs reaper hp

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by ddog, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ddog

ddog Member

I recently installed a warehouse guitar speaker (reaper hp) in my blues jr (limited/brown tolex) and wow did that thing grow a big pair.
    I was jonesin for a new little power house grab and go for jams,ect...was considering spending enough for some considerable quality...wow...I cant believe how good that thing sounds now.Nice big clean note's,yeah sure it's a blues jr...but man...this thing is a whole new animal.

2. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

I've been impressed with the WGS offerings I've heard. I put a G12C/S in 112 cab for a Fender style head and it pairs very well. Dries up the top slightly without sounding dull, allowing me dial in more treble without getting shrill. I put an Invader 50 in a little Kustom combo and it gave it a nice bark, again without getting shrill or strident. I got to try a buddy's ET65 and I really liked it too. Nice even tone with no weird freqs. All winners so far. Glad your choice worked for you.

3. ddog

ddog Member

Thanks for that.I also tried the c12cs in the jr...it was a little strident w/tele on the top end...not ice picky...but a little to much?...everything (Strat's/tele's) work's with the reaper hp...I will be looking at the Et-65 at some point for a mather cab/maz 18?

4. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

Really liked the Reaper HP that I tried. Sounded like a cross between a Jensen and Celestion.

5. Rob s

Rob s Member

I have put a couple of G12's in amps and they are really great.
    Sound real good in the Ampeg Gemini 1's.
    The new jensens should be thrown away in comparison.
    Put a pair of 10" green berets in an old watkins dominator.
    The original goodmans were toast.
    The green berets, while sounding different from the old goodmans, give the amp some bigger shoulders.
    And they dont compress as quick.
    Also have a G12Q in a blackface princeton NR.
    Man it is good in there.