• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

WGS Veteran 10" speakers with Matchless (or Vox?)

grndmstr_c

Wondering if anybody has any experience running a Matchless into WGS veteran 10" speakers, particularly in a 2x10 configuration. Curious how the low end holds up, how they handle Matchless style overdrive, and whether they're up to the task of communicating the complex midrange and top-end character of the amp's voicing. They're cheap enough I'll probably get some to test it out with my own ears regardless, but figured it wouldn't hurt to check.

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I tried Veteran 10s with two Voxes--Night Train and AC15.
Much to my surprise, I much preferred them with the Night Train. They brought some dimed Vox character to it.
That being said, I like modern Vox amps and have always had a hard time bonding with an AC15. I guess I'm AC30 or nothing when it comes to vintage styled Voxes.
I don't know where they'd fit in with a Matchless, but like I said, they really took to a modern, gainy Vox.
I'd also look into the new ET10s.

Trending Topics