Whacky funk - BT inspired by Marin and SW

journo

Hi,

Here is a tune with a backing track that was sort of difficult to finish.

The start was easy. First inspiration was from listening to Marin's funky tracks with his new bass. So I broke out my old Squier Jazz Bass and got started.
Then I was listening to Stevie Wonder and his way of layering Clavinet parts. There I got the idea to layer funky guitar parts. I really had to practice my right hand to get even close to the rhythm parts I was aiming for.
Finally the melody. I remembered the way Scott Henderson used his trem arm to slide between note at a concert I attended. Thus there you got the melody. Sometimes it sounds like slide but it's only the trem on my Suhr Classic.
The solo was just a mixture of all my influences although I must admit to having a secret wish to play like Ed DeGenaro (I know I failed ;) )

So now to the music:
Turn Me On

In case you want to join the fun here's the bakcing track:
Turn Me On Backing Track

As always I appreciate all feedback!

Cheers,

Mats N

Nomadgtr

Excellent track journo!! I think you did a super job of layering all those elements, it turned out real well. I'll have to try the BT when I get a chance.

Rid

Spiffy tune Journo, will download your take now...hehe multitasking abit too much here:D

scottl

Really nice stuff Journo! Great melodic ideas! Loved the Purple Haze lick you threw in at the end of the B section... Nice!

Very enjoyable track! Thanks for providing the backing for me!

Scott

journo

Originally posted by scottl
Really nice stuff Journo! Great melodic ideas! Loved the Purple Haze lick you threw in at the end of the B section... Nice!

Very enjoyable track! Thanks for providing the backing for me!

Scott
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the positive feedback. It like gold coming from the Phrasemaister himself.

Cheers,

Mats N

journo

Originally posted by SteveLINY
Cool beans....
Nice stuff man...
I'll have to lay something over this...
Steve
Hi Steve,

Thanks for listening.
Looking foreward to hearing your take.

Cheers,

Mats N

Weldaar

Thanx for the compliment Mats. I have an old Thomas Organ Co. Wah wah that I had modded by Voodooamps. I used to have a Cry Baby. I didn't care for it either.

Trending Topics