• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

WHACKY! Has anyone ever succesfully split (cut) a cabinet....

dmczern

in two, particulary a 2 x 12 and have been soncially happy with how it turned out??? Strange, yes I know.....

m@2

actually, i have! it was a 70's 2X15 fender cab. I cut it down into two seperate 1X15 cabs years ago, and was happy with the results. Basically I just sawed it in half, cut decent quality plywood to fill the empty side, added matching harware as needed, retolexed/grill cloth'd it, and was done.. I don't have them anymore, but i gigged with them many times, and it sure made moving it around easier at the time. in doing so, it destroyed any chance of decent resale, so it's not something i would probably replicate with a vintage cab.

dmczern

actually, i have! it was a 70's 2X15 fender cab. I cut it down into two seperate 1X15 cabs years ago, and was happy with the results. Basically I just sawed it in half, cut decent quality plywood to fill the empty side, added matching harware as needed, retolexed/grill cloth'd it, and was done.. I don't have them anymore, but i gigged with them many times, and it sure made moving it around easier at the time. in doing so, it destroyed any chance of decent resale, so it's not something i would probably replicate with a vintage cab.
Cooooool story! Anyone else??

I did a 4x12 marshall cabinet into 2-2x12s..one open back and one closed with a divider and custom made back panel. It was still a 4x12 but I wired it for 2x12 open /2x12 closed separately or 4x12 mono..Sounds great but the extra lumber has made it much heavier..but its worth dragging it to gigs for the options you have in one cab and one room etc.

Trending Topics