• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Whammy effect with boss?

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
can anyone tell me if the boss ps-5 can do the whammy effect with an expression pedal?the pedal itself needs to be engaged to work and then you can work the expression pedal.i know this question is kind of vague but has anyone tried this?

this1smyne

yes, it works just fine, just not to the degree (ie adding a 4th and a 7th). But if you just need a single octave or pitch blended than it will work just fine with a FS5u (momentary) or a normal exp pedal.

ninjaaron

can anyone tell me if the boss ps-5 can do the whammy effect with an expression pedal?the pedal itself needs to be engaged to work and then you can work the expression pedal.i know this question is kind of vague but has anyone tried this?
It can. It can do it without an expression pedal, and actually sounds great, but yes, also works with expression pedal.

What you have to do is turn the pedal to harmonist or pitch shift mode, set to the desired interval, turn the mix to all the way wet, and geek out (I prefer the harmonist mode, for a smoother sound that does some beautiful glitching when you play chords). This means it can also do whammies to smart harmony notes, which is kinda cool.

The pedal does need to be engaged when you do whammies, but, unlike the real Whammy, the bypass when it's off is analog, not digital.

It's a great pedal. Can do Dragon Force imitations. Probably my most fun stomp. I don't get to use it live too much (at church), but more than you might think.

I might replace it with a Pitch factor though, when I can afford it (in a very long time).

Trending Topics