What <$75 Pedal absolutely STAYS on your board?

Jonny D

Let's collect some budget favorites that do the work no matter the weather.

Less than $75 (new or used)

NHBluesMan

my Drivetrain. Ended my TS search and just kills as a lead boost and for my slide tone. Only way it would leave is if they release it in an even smaller box :bonk

it's not horribly sized now, but i'd love it to be in something the size of the small EHX pedals

Jonny D

For me personally, I have quite a few...

Boss OD-3
MXR Carbon Copy
Fulltone OCD (I got mine for $70 used)
Boss FRV-1 63 Fender Reverb
BBE Sonic Stomp

Multicellular

I got a Zoom CDR used for around $75.

I dont use modulation or delay on every song, so this takes care of all my needs in that area.

LPVM

DIY Valvecaster clean boost - $35 of parts, a soldering iron and about 2 hours of your time. It never leaves my board and is usually on.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Well....I've only had it for a few weeks, but my EH Soul Food ain't going anywhere. For $62, it easily qualifies;)

guitarfor1

MXR Classic Overdrive...fantastic budget TS with internal (or easily modded external) mode switch for low end bump

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
I keep trying to replace my Bad Monkey (JHS modded, so cheating just a bit at $89). But it just works. Probably should just keep it, eh?

bratch

boss cs-2
old small stone that I modded (although the nano is great, too, I'm sure)
korg pitchblack
VL micro vibe

these guys get it done for me; there are no "upgrades" to these for me.

jocfan1

Arion stereo phaser - $20. Only modulation pedal on my board, and it covers everything I need.

StormJH1

I won't cheat by going off of used prices as opposed to retail prices (or at least the "going rate"), but pretty much all of my stuff is $100 or less, individually.

Joyo JF-10 Compressor stays on my board. And not just because I'm a cheapskate - it beat out a BOSS CS-3 and MXR Custom Comp. I think Amazon has them for like $30 right now. Not even kidding.

If reverb is needed, my Biyang Tri-Reverb (about $60) is always on. Sounds great.

I won't go through the variety of import dirt pedals I use, but there are several. I'm hoping to add one of the EHX ones for $62 - likely the East River Drive or Soul Food.

I have a Bad Monkey (like $22 used I think), and I really need to give that another audition now with my Super Champ X2.

Trending Topics