• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What acoustic do you play?...and

cottoneyedjoe

My #1 is a Martin HD-28v. My second is a D-18GE.

I would like to have a Nick Lucas one day....Fingerpicking you know....

TwoTubMan

Martin D-76 that my boss bought new...only had it in my hands for a couple weeks but it's the favorite of the bunch already...i was gas'n for a BIG sounding rosewood dreadnought the past six months and this one kinda fell in my lap at the right time! :) one of the best sounding martin's i've ever heard!!!
Isn't that also the only Martin with a transferable warranty?

wilblee

Hack sans shame
Platinum Supporting Member
Mine are

Larrivee PV-09E & LV-09E
Ovation 6756LX (12 string), 2006FKOA, 2007BCS

I've been mainly gigging the Ovation 2007BCS and recording with the Larrivee LV-09E. I did, however, take the 2006FKOA out on my last solo acoustic thang and fell back in love with it, so it may go out with me for a while now.

In the unlikely event that I would get another acoustic, I would be looking at a Collings.

The Larrivee sibs

The 2007BCS

The 2006FKOA

The 6756LX

TaylorPlayer

I have three that I play and each has it's own voice or use.

1993 Taylor 612C, 2005 Gibson Advanced Jumbo and a 1964 Gibson LG1. All have pickups and get used depending on the situation.

What guitar do I want..... other than a few Custom Luthier built guitars I drool over occasionally, I think I am set for life with the three I have. :D

The Taylor would be my #1 as I have owned it the longest and it just feels like putting on my most comfortable pair of jeans when I pick it up.

MRCHILL4

Gibson 1997 hummingbird artist/custom. I have been wanting a martin d45 since i can remember.

dunara

I have a Blueridge BR-160, a Takamine EN-10C and a 20-year old, warped-topped Tanglewood 12-string. They all sound good, and do what I need, but I'd love a Lowden, or a nice Martin dreadnought....

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
An '02 Fall Ltd. Ed. Taylor 710 Dred, the first of the "re-voiced" Taylor Dreds. and an '07 Gibson Advanced Jumbo - they sound different from each other - the Taylor is often tuned to open tunings, Gibby stays in std. tuning - both have a DTar Wavelegnth PU installed - the 18volt pu has plenty of headroom for rhythm strumming w/a band.

Jaan

Silver Supporting Member
Alvarez-Yairi Garcia model. Really nice sounding and playing guitar.
I'd like to own a Martin Koa from the 20's.

xdisciplex

Currently playing a taylor 714ce, if i buy another acoustic to go with it i will get a 814ce or martin hd28.

mannish

I gig with a Gibson Nick Lucas reissue & National Delphi - my favorite is the 34 Gibson L-00....not even close followed by Collings c-10.....So my go to for gigs is the Nick Lucas & Delphi but the others are incredible ..Collings not in the picture

I don't really play acoustic much. I still have the one I learned guitar on, a no-name MIJ '70's acoustic my dad picked up in Japan. It's a bit tinny, but I hold onto it for sentimental reasons. I also have a beater '70's Yamaha 12-string that sounds great. I picked up the Yammy 12 in a local pawn for $150. Both are pictured below:

Last, a year or so ago I needed an acoustic-electric for an audition for a temporary church gig. I was flat broke and not keen on spending a lot for an audition for a gig I might not even get, so I checked a couple local pawns for something cheap that had a pickup. One place had a Stratacoustic, which was terrible, but at another pawn I found this for a Benjamin even:

It's an Esteban. :facepalm

I'm sure it's probably made of cardboard and spit, by 9-year-old Chinese slave girls chained to guitar-making machines, but everything works, the tuners hold, the action is acceptable, and the acoustic tone is OK.

I've played it in church a couple times and even gigged it with my side hippie band. I find it humorous that our lead singer is playing a Martin acoustic while I'm playing an Esteban.

You know what? Know one in the audience cares or even knows.

You may now all heap ridicule on me no end.

G Man

1999 Martin OM-21. Original owner and love how it has aged so well over the years.

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
I really like my larrive. If I were to get another acoustic, I think I would just want another one, but a different model.

Pascal

#1: John Levoi Petite Bouche

#2: Jose Marin Plazuelo Bouchet Model

#3: Eastman AR905E

Trending Topics