What amp are your effects plugged into?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trucks, Sep 25, 2005.

1. trucks

trucks Member

Craig,

Thanks! Since the purchase, I have done a lot of searching on TGP about the Tomcat and any mention of pedals used with it. I read your post about the Keeley's with great interest. I had been considering a tremolo, but had not settled on one yet so that may be for the best. I spent a lot of time and money on od pedals, but wondering if they will be wanted/needed with the Tomcat. It arrives tomorrow so I'll be lab testing soon!

Gary

p.s. Any other Tomcat users with good pedal experiences?

2. trucks

trucks Member

Not only is that one sweet amp, but it looks good in the room!:D

3. DerekMinnich

DerekMinnich Member

LOL, thanks.....cosmetically, you should see it in person. It's really attractive. Pics don't do the best of capturing it.

4. erksin

erksin Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I plug into these guys in stereo - they compliment each other really well. The Gibson handles all the lower registers while the Ampeg covers the high-end. Both have killer reverb, but the nod goes to the Gibson I think...

5. Johnnytone

Johnnytone Supporting Member

65 Bandmaster (cab has 2 Celestion V30s)
    60 Gibsonette (my favorite amp of all time)
    7? Champ. Sounds better when driving the cab

[​IMG]

6. dankayaker

dankayaker Member

Gain Star loves every pedal I have.

7. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Marshall AVT 275. It's actually got a pretty good clean tone, when the knobs are adjusted right.

Add in things like my super chile picoso, EQ pedal, and others, and I've got some sweet singing tone for leads. Thanks to you guys, I've got better tone then a lot of guys I know who use tube dealies!

8. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

I don't have a picture of my rig yet, but my Germino LoVo Lead 55 is the most pedal friendly amp I've played and/or owned, fuzz pedals and drive pedals just mold right into it, its makes my DAM 1966 sound like a dimed JTM45 and it takes to lead pedals like you wouldn't believe, sometimes it takes a little effort to get pinch harmonics out of it if you don't have enough gain, but with a MKII Tonebender, its almost vintage metal, and you could never tell I was using a pedal. Modulation pedals sound equally gorgeous and my Echoczar was practically made for the amp, the atmosphere and clarity of the repeats even with it in the front of the amp is amazing.

-TJK

P.S Forgot to mention how amazing it sounds with the Captain Coconut Pedal in general, but the Vibe expecially, even when the amp is being driven the effect is still obvious, like it is riding right over top the harmonic content, everything else I've tried this with just eats the Vibe except on sustaining notes where it starts to warble as they decay, not with the Germino, jumpered channels, over half dimed on both you can still hear it, just beautiful.

9. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

My Fuchs ODS combo is very pedal friendly...
    [​IMG]