What amp does a Fulltone OCD sound like?

henryjurstin13

I've read many times that an OCD pedal sounds very "amplike," or sounds like amp gain/responds like an amp/etc.... So - to you, which amp sounds the most like an OCD?

amstrtatnut

In hp position, my version 3 sounded like a marshall amp. I couldnt say which one. I dont play marshalls, and thats why I sold the pedal.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Silver Supporting Member
Toggle
Hp = Marshall
LP = Fender

At least that's what I've been told in the most generic of terms. Basically a mids shaper.

Not a huge fan of the pedal, others would probably know better.

gigs

OCD v4 I've been using for quite some time. I just use it as a boost (with some grit). Volume control on the guitar (and pick attack) dictate how gritty it gets, it really lets the guitar dictate things. Into a really nice, clean platform, it's a wonderful pedal.

Mejis

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a V2 new back in 2005 and still have it. Doesn't sound much like any of my amps, but if I had to put it somewhere it would be in the Marshall camp.

It's a great gain/volume boost for an already crunchy amp, and it cleans up well with the guitar volume. I don't like it as much going into a clean channel, but that's the same as most ODs for me.

katuna

Gold Supporting Member
I don't think it's meant to be amp sounding at all. I think "amp like" refers to feel and headroom and ability to clean up with a lower volume setting on the guitar, and/or lighter picking.

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
My V2 doesn't sound like any particular amp that I have played, but it responds well to picking dynamics and guitar volume knob adjustments.

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
I have a V1. Doesn't really sound like an amp to me but I'd probably put it in the Marshall camp too. My Mesa is a naturally dark amp and the OCD brightens it up considerably.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom