• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What amp for this Schenker tone ?

hongsta

I'm a big Schenker fan myself. I've had good results w/ 70s Marshall JMP Master Volume (2203 or 2204 depending on wattage) as well as JCM 800s. IIRC, I had read that Marshall "modeled" JCM 800 2203/2204 after Schecker's tone. As far as cab goes, I've had good results w/ Marshall 4X12 w/ Greenbacks. Rock Bottom is one of my favorite guitar tones!

billm408

50w Marshall through greenbacks is, IIRC, his standard set up. Then he'd just set his wah half open for leads. Cool biting tone and great for feedback control too.

jezzzz2003

I know he was and apparently still is using an early 70's NMV with a greenback loaded cab, its purple :)
was featured in "The tube amp book" I think.

Lou Brush

70s-era Marshalls. I saw him in a bowling alley in Omaha 30 years ago. Got to check out "all his gear" which consisted of a Marshall stack, a wah-wah pedal, a guitar cable, and a Gibson Flying V... he's still using the same basic rig.

rob2001

I know this is an OLD!!! thread,but he uses a JCM800 2205(2 channel 50watt) I,ve seen him MANY!!! times.

I had a 2205 and I could get Schenker tone all day long...(minus the playing)! But ya, A Gibson, a 1/2 cocked Wah and a 2205 is all you need.

Rex Nomad

I have also heard that he's using a 2205. A friend saw him live this past summer and that's what he was using.

Top Bottom