What amp suits me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MaxLikesMilk, Mar 9, 2015.

1. MaxLikesMilk

MaxLikesMilk Member

I need something loud, tubed, and versatile. My psychedelic rock band plays pink floyd, jimi hendrix, grateful dead, but most of all led Zeppelin. 80 percent of our set is Zeppelin. I run a pt-1 with a sunface, a HOF, a univibe, a Lumpy's slpre, a crybaby, and a tuner so the amp needs to take pedals well. I use an American strat and occasionally a les paul.

I am in anther band that plays literally everything from uptown funk by Bruno Mars to Fall of Troy stuff.

I have a blues junior right now, but it just isn't loud enough. I need at least 20 watts right now. We are playing some big places and the BJ litteraly can not cut it. It needs to be sub $1000.

I was thinking maybe a Blues Deluxe reissue? At 40 watts it should very well be loud enough, right? What do you think?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

If a 15w Blues Junior isn't cutting it, then I'm not sure a 20w amp will do the trick: my 22w Deluxe Reverb will not be clean if I'm keeping up with the drummer in my band. Of course MOST of our gigs are miked through a FOH PA, so it doesn't matter. But if you want to make sure you cut through with a clean pedal-platform, consider something a bit bigger. A Silverface Bassman and extension cab will be more versatile, louder, cheaper, and a better investment. Not to mention, will probably suit your sound better for these bands - most of the guitarists from the bands you mention get their tone from a bigger sounding amp.

3. MaxLikesMilk

MaxLikesMilk Member

A Blues Deluxe is 44w.