What Amp to buy under 3K

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gatorman352, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Gatorman352

Gatorman352 Member

I need some help. I'm getting a bonus and I want a new Amp under $3000. I want an amp that take pedals well. I currently own

Mesa DC 30
    Mesa Rectoverb
    Bad Cat 15 - My favorite Amp
    Budda SDII 18
    Carvin X100B

I really liked my friend's Matchless Clubman 35, but it was a Sampson era one and I'm not sure if they are made the same now or if they have been changed since then.

I'm eyeing the Rivera Venus 6, 3 monkeys, 65 Amps, Divided by 13

I play with a lot of gain 99% of the time, so I'm not extremely concerned at a clean channel although it would be nice to have.

I can't seem to wrap my head around the Divided by 13 amps. I'm interested because of the reviews and it seems that a lot of pros use their amps so I'm trying to decipher their models. I might as well take a look at their amps before I drop a lot of cash and miss something.

I also like the Orange Amps, Splawn, Bogner, and since I never owned a Marshall I a little curious why so many pro use them for example Joe Bonamassa has a lot of Boutique Amps in his rig which come and go but always a Silver Jubilee Marshal.

I'm noticed an interesting Mojave Amp called the Dirty Boy which has a built in Variac which looks every promising.

As you can see I don't know what I want. I just know that I would like a new amp that inspires me to play and that I play 99% of the time with overdrive. I want the amp to be pedal friendly and I'm not really into the over the top high gain amps.

Please help.

Thanks

2. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Look at Fryette for gain: Deliverance, Sig:X, UltraLead or CLX. Deliverance particularly designed as pedal-friendly.

As for Matchless, they are built just as meticulously (if not better) than ever.

3. ThePitbullofLove

ThePitbullofLove Member

4. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Supporting Member

My Peavey Rage 158's gain channel is rocking, I'll let it go for $1,500 to your door.

5. Miles

Miles Member

:D

To the OP - based upon your amp list, you've got a lot of bases covered. Just to live vicariously through you, I'd say go for the Rivera Venus.

6. telecasting

telecasting Member

Sounds like you need to take your guit into a good guitar shop and have fun for a day. I'm very envious.

7. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

I see you are eying a Rivera. I have a Fandango, and can't recommend them enough. Fantastic gain and cleans.

8. Rockyrollercat

Rockyrollercat Member

You might want to look at the Fargen line.