• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What amps are on your horizon to purchase?

Jakeboy

I have a TopHat Mini Junior HG 20 watt combo inbound.
Why? I love the Supreme Sixteen I bought on this board earlier this year and I sold several amps so I can acquire a do it all Marshall type. The amp will give me 5f6a tweed Bassman all the way to JCM 800. I’lll no doubt spend most time on the 70s plexi settings.

Bob T.

I'm saving my pennies for a bigger D*mble ODS style amp. I need to try some of the big boys in a room and find out which one really works for me. I haven't tried a #183 circuit yet, which intrigues me.

My OTS 20 sounds great to me right now. But those bigger more expensive amps must sound better..... Right?

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
I'm saving my pennies for a bigger D*mble ODS style amp. I need to try some of the big boys in a room and find out which one really works for me. I haven't tried a #183 circuit yet, which intrigues me.

My OTS 20 sounds great to me right now. But those bigger more expensive amps must sound better..... Right?
Where is this "room" with all the big D-types in it? ;)

I have a search saved on the Guitar Center Used site to show me what used amps are in stock at my two local locations. I was able to test drive a Fuchs a while back, which was nice. Other than that, I don't have a ton of access to boutiques, in my rust belt city.

blackba

Platinum Supporting Member
Planning to build a fender brown deluxe from a mojo tone kit next year, will be my first amp build from scratch.

I also have a few amps that if they come up at the right price I will grab one like vox ac100, vintage hi watt, etc

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member

Which ones are you looking at to try?

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
A Komet 29, I currently have a Komet 19 but need more head room and more wattage for larger rooms. Love the way the notes bloom into harmonics and sustain with these Komet amps. I had a Komet 60 but it was too much amp, had to play it loud in order for it to give up the goods !
Komet 29 is so good. One of my favorite amps ever.

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
Cheaper end: Ceriatone OTS 183 and OTS50/100, Fuchs Full House 50

Big money (for me): Louis Electric Cobra, Fuchs ODS, Van Weelden Twinkleland

I'm sure I'm missing a few that are also worth trying, but these have caught my eyes and ears.
All of those should be killer. I’ll hopefully get my Cobra in soon. The ODS-II is an absolute monster. I have a Bludotone SSD coming in today, so may recommend you to try one of those, too, once I have a chance to try that out.

TubeLife

Mesa Mark V 90 Head is ordered but we shall see how long it takes to arrive. First I was told this week, now it’s been pushed back to the 2nd week in December.

Why the Mark V? Because all of my other amps are big iron Fenders and I’m trying to exit the OD pedal rabbit hole. This will be my first Mesa, looking forward to the tweakfest that the Mark V will provide.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom