What are some actively touring bands that are on your "First Time Ever" wishlist?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Jahn, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Ticketmaster just confirmed that my tickets to go see Squeeze for the first time ever are printed and being sent over. Man, I've wanted to see that band since the 80s! Other bands I'd like to see and are still slugging away out there are:

The Pixies
    Crowded House
    They Might Be Giants
    Joy Division (By way of Peter Hook doing Joy Division songs - hey, I'll take what I can)

Just off the top of my head. In recent years I finally had the luxury to knock some of the heavy hitters off my list - The Police, Elvis Costello, New Order (doing Joy Division Songs!), REM, Johnny Marr (by way of Modest Mouse!) and so on. Growing up in the boondocks, I never got to see these acts live, so I'm glad I liked bands that had staying power, whew!

And rats on the Violent Femmes breaking up just a few years ago, and The Smiths breaking up WAY back, and so on. Shoulda coulda woulda.

So yes - what's on your plate, folks?

2. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

The Police
    AC/DC
    Bon Jovi

All the rest that I want to see I've already seen.

3. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

Scratch the OP - I just scored tix to see They Might Be Giants this saturday too. Gotta live it up while you can! Triangle Man! Can't beat that for 30 bucks!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012