What are some great facebook band sites?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Cuthbert, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Member

In Marketing 101 the professor said, "The number one rule of marketing is copy, copy, copy'. So having said that can anyone recommend some good band sites out there? I'm just doing battle in the bars and restaurants out here, lots of competition and clubs mostly work through FB now.

2. jdogric12

jdogric12 Supporting Member

Does "copy" in your quote mean "mimic" or "written words?" I'm guessing mimic, sadly.

I "like" lots of bands on facebook but "follow" few. One that's managed to avoid elimination from my news feed is Steve Poltz. Check him out. His regular posts are pretty funny and entertaining compared to most of the acts I see, which are mostly just "please come to my show" in some form or another.

3. melondaoust

melondaoust Member

A word about Facebook band sites.

Since they all use the same layout and format, don't think "Copy, Copy, Copy". Think "Content, content, content"

If you were going to your own band page as a fan, what do you want to see? Photos? Videos? Engaging posts?

I agree with jdogric12 and that you need to think of more than just "Hey, come to my show!" With my band, I try to mix up the content, especially around a show (posts from the stage, backstage, anecdotes. If someone puts up a video, I share it right away and acknowledge the person. Same with a picture. I retweet anything about us like a mofo and say thanks). Anything that may help me engage my audience (including the people putting up content), I'll do.

(IF you're currious - http://www.facebook.com/heywowmusique)

Also, don't ignore the value of your own web site and a good, well-managed EMAIL LIST!!! Facebook doesn't show everything you post to all your fans (unless you're willing to pay... boo-urns!) But email is nice n' direct and offers more engagement ops directly with the folks who really want to follow you.

I'd also say that half my facebook posts link to something on the band's site. That's the big hub for info, next to the mailing list.

Good luck! (or, Bon courage as we say in French...)

4. taez555

taez555 Member

Facebook only shows 10% (if that) of facebook page posts, so the key to band sites is quantity. Regardless of what you post, most people will never see it.