• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What are some of your favorite signature model guitars?

Tim Plains

Elliot Easton SG is the best looking guitar ever (feel free to argue with me, you're wrong :rotflmao). Had one but sold it because I didn't love the neck shape. It was about as close to a Fender C as a Gibson can get.

USMarine75

Yam the BOMB

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a Cliff Gallup Gretsch that I like a lot. I didn’t buy it because of Cliff Gallup. I took it in trade on a custom shop Gretsch that I sold. But I like this one a whole lot better than I liked the custom shop one as far as a player. The custom shop Gretsch was probably the best looking guitar I’ve ever touched in my life. It was totally awesome in every way except for one thing. I never enjoyed playing it. I just couldn’t bond with it. So I took this one in on trade and this is made in Japan Gretsch. But this one is fantastic it plays great sounds great makes me want to play more. So yeah I have no problem with signature models.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Jem, PC-1, Music Man JP's/Majesty, and of course the Fender Lincoln Brewster Strat

Stockta

Yngwie Malmsteen signature Strat. Definitely get your moneys worth on the fret work alone. Love mine and have had many non Yngwie or non scalloped neck guitarist try to buy it off me. Looks classic Strat but very hot rod under the hood.
Also love my SRV Strat, has features that most Strats don’t have.

Coach T.

Silver Supporting Member
Haves:
Peavey Wolfgangs- outstanding rock machines
Richie Kotzen Telecaster- it’s a super tele (think super strat) and super beautiful
Les Pauls- as warm as a mother’s love
Wants:
Suhr Pete Thorn- next level, seriously. That neck....oh, baby.
I got to sit down with one for about an hour in a boutique shop a couple of months back. I’d just purchased two guitars the week before or I might’ve walked out with it. So much mojo.

edit-
Yngwie in the “have” department...another winner.

mdrake34

My PRS DGT. The Elliott Easton SG is awesome too, though I’ve never played one.

I would like to play one of the custom shop Clapton strats that have medium jumbo frets, not the vintage style ones on the standard model.

Stockta

Forgot about my Striped series EVH, that was a ton of guitar for the money. Just a killer neck and total rock machine. Surprisingly very versatile for one pickup and volume knob, clean to mean on the sweep like a Les Paul Jr.

BigDoug1053

Gold Supporting Member
I had a Phil Collen PC-1 for about 12 years and ended up selling it after a divorce in 2013. Nice guitar that played well - but I never could get the sustainer pickup to function properly and it ate 9V batteries 2 at a time. Well, next to Les Paul, I really like the Chet Atkins sig models...

Gibson Chet Atkins Country Gent
View media item 19739
Gretsch G6120AM Chet Atkins Hollowbody
View media item 50981
I am not a fan of Herman Li (though he is a virtouso), but I got his signature S model, the EGEN-8 - very versatile pickup options and switching
View media item 142959

TheSmeeze007

PRS DGT. There’s magic in that axe. I set it up for 10s because the .11s were too woofy on the neck pickup with high gain. It’s so versatile and the pickups fat and juicy. Even switching to a lower string gauge it sounds huge. It’s my first and only PRS, and I’ve fallen in love with the double cut. It’s a modern classic. It looks like a PRS but has its own voice in the vintage arena. Love the huge frets and neck profile, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom