• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What are some of your favorite songs that feature guitar tremolo?

flysky578

Can say what you want about the lyrics from Limp Bizkit but Wes Borland's whammy riffs are always #1 for me. :bow

Most favorite:

Limp Bizkit:

Also Metalingus from Alter Bridge (which I somehow can't post o_O)

IPLAYLOUD

THIS is Tremolo. The raising and lowering of Volume.

THIS is Vibrato. The raising and lowering of Pitch.

THIS is Tremolo and Vibrato combined in a wonderfully warm tune.

:)

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
What Beck does is something else that I can't even compare with the more traditional use of a vibrato bar.

That said, I think that my favorite "tremolo bar" users are Alex Lifeson (p.ex. Limelight, Kid Gloves, The Analog Man, live version of Mission) and Kiko Loureiro (particularly his instrumental solo work).

Suave Eddie

Anything by Quicksilver Messenger Service with John Cipollina.
His instantly recognizable style was a result of always having the arm of his Bigsby in his grip while he fingerpicked. Reportedly he didn't feel that his hand was strong enough for traditional vibrato so he established his trademark technique.

Guitarworks

Some folks posting vibrato arm playing examples, some posting tremolo effect examples. Think we got some confusion here. Tremolo refers to the effect. Vibrato refers to the vibrato unit/vibrato arm. Might wanna clarify what you're asking for, OP.

willy3486

Great Steve Farris solo
I don't remember seeing that video but I remember the song. Steve is one of the reasons I recently got a guitar kit to build so I could learn to play. I figured I would take the time to learn to play if I put the time into building one. I picked up one 30 years ago but never put much effort into it. I saw a cousin recently after many years that is married to Steve. Before you ask I never met him and don't know him. But my cousin is really nice so he has got a wonderful wife. I got into watching some videos of him playing after seeing her and that got me to wanting one again. The one I really liked he had was a blue one he used while with Rod Stewart. I think that one was destroyed in the Nashville flood.

Trending Topics