What are some pedals you think are under-rated / sleepers?

I'll start.

EHX Cock Fight.

I have pedals that I've paid 10x more for on the same board, and I can always find ways to incorporate the Cock Fight and get some wicked sounds from. The fuzz in it is surprisingly good (I completely assumed it to be something I wouldn't engage) and the ability to fine tune the EQ/Tone using the knobs OR use it as a classic wah using an expression pedal, make it super versatile. It's cheap as dirt, makes a ton of great quality sounds, and does more than pedals twice it's price in the same category.

Jazzandmore

Gold Supporting Member
Question is underrated by whom?

I think the Alex’s Productions Sunbeam Magic Drive is excellent. But few here even know the builder exists, so they have never tried it to “rate” it.

Question is underrated by whom?

I think the Alex’s Productions Sunbeam Magic Drive is excellent. But few here even know the builder exists, so they have never tried it to “rate” it.
The masses I guess.. the "effects pedal" community in general. For instance I'll see posts for Chase Bliss, Strymon and the like all day, and a bunch of favored fuzz pedal builders.... but I can't remember the last time I heard anyone talk about the Cock Fight, or seen it on someone else's board.

Johnny Fuzz

Way Huge Drive.

An incredible, wonderful dirt pedal. Basically a Sonic Distortion clone, but with more dynamics, headroom, and a usable tone pot. Stacks like a bitch.

Chrishash

Supporting Member
JHS MilkMan- personal fave. Tiny footprint. Great variety of slapback-specific delay with dedicated repeats mix/EQ/length knobs and a separate footswitch EchoPlex Pre style boost. Used 100$. I throw mine right before volume pedal and use the boost for volume swells...cause they’re never loud enough.

Trending Topics