What are some pedals you think are under-rated / sleepers?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Magnets And Melodies, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

I love it when the very first response totally misses the point. Usually, you've got to wait until at least the second page.

2. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

Stone Deaf Tremotron. It's got flaws, to be sure, but if you dig tremolo, and you dig weirdness, it's pretty damned cool.

earwax and Magnets And Melodies like this.
  3. Angry Andy

Angry Andy Member

Joyo crunch...great miab pedal and i think alot of players dont know about the internal presence pot which makes the pedal so much more usable when adjusted. I really love the sound out of this one and its stupid cheap.

4. Gilwater

Gilwater Member

Mooer Ensemble King:

I used it for years. The blend control can make the chorus effect very subtle.....and it sound good.

I love my CE-2waza too, but I wish that it had a blend like the Mooer.

DavidTCIC likes this.
  5. golddillion

golddillion Supporting Member

Joyo AC Tone. Bought one last month for $25.00 to try as a low gain Voxy od on my board. 3 weeks ago I had my gig rig set up in a large empty office in the building where I work to try out the new looper I had built. Got to fiddling with the knobs and got a great, fat, tight Marshally crunch. It ended up knocking off the Weehbo JCM Drive I have used for the past several years as my main crunch tone! The only thing I had an issue with is the hiss it puts out at higher gain settings.

So, I just had to try the Tech21 Liverpool it is a clone of as I got to reading that the original is quieter, warmer and fuller. Scored one on ebay (newer version with the speaker sim defeat) and got to a/b them this afternoon. The differences were as described. So now the Liverpool has my #1 spot, but the AC Tone is staying as my low gainer.

Best $25.00 I have spent.

Here's another I just got today - The Valeton Moon Echo delay. Killer!

Tmidiman likes this.
  6. Vic Interceptor

Vic Interceptor Member

OP you are semi-right... the EHX Cock Fight PLUS is fantastic. You get a great wah, a solid fuzz and a talkbox in one device for around $100. If I could only be allowed one pedal for a gig, it would be this one. It does EVERYTHING and runs for gigs on a single 9v.

7. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

Preaching to the choir here man! It's the one pedal I was always wondering why people were'nt talking about more. There are so many good sounds in it. I personally like the stompbox format better though because of the easy ability to fine tune different tones and leave them there, but to each their own on the format.. it's just an awesome offering.

Vic Interceptor likes this.
  8. Shingles

Shingles Member

Ibanez Weeping Demon wah.
    Rockman Guitar Compressor - ok, so that’s not actually a pedal.

9. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

10. Feverdog

Feverdog Member

Keeley Bubbletron. Not exactly a staple of Americana, blues, rock or P&w but man, in the right context that pedal is a game changer.

OctalSocket, Not Orange and songtalk like this.
  11. Alchemist XP

Alchemist XP Silver Supporting Member

Really agree with this ... Love this pedal. Wish there was a way to turn the fuzz on without the wah effect but even without that, it's a great pedal with lots of sounds.

Magnets And Melodies likes this.
  12. JonSick

JonSick Member

Boss HF-2 High Band Flanger. I really wish Boss would Waza that guy up! I would buy one instantly.

My latest pedal is the CE-2w and I love it so much, it may actually be kicking my Blue Hippo off the board. And I have serious love for my Blue Hippo!

notenoughfootswitches likes this.
  13. songtalk

songtalk Member

I don't really know about under rated but I really like my OD-2r and DS-2 the most out of all my Boss dirt pedals and I never hear people mention them.

earwax likes this.
  14. Riffa

Riffa Member

I'd say One Control Prussian Blue reverb. You may have never heard of it, but it's the best mini reverb you'll find IMO. Does 100% wet and even has a bit of modulation.

15. Flying_Milkman

Flying_Milkman Silver Supporting Member

16. Tubes99

Tubes99 Member

Boss RE-20 Space Echo.
    Ibanez PT9 Phaser.

earwax likes this.
  17. DavidTCIC

DavidTCIC Member

Zoom PD01
    DOD FX9
    Line 6 Echo Park
    Line 6 Tap Tremolo
    Ibanez PM7
    Ibanez FZ7
    Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
    Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe
    Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
    DOD Looking Glass
    Boss CE2B
    Digitech hardwire series
    TC Nova Drive
    Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
    Bbe Soul Vibe

Julio Barbosa and Laurence like this.
  18. BernardM

BernardM Supporting Member

MI Effects Super Blues Pro. Not a new pedal by any means, and modestly priced, but beautifully sounding and tonally flexible. Since I got this thing I have never once looked for another TS-inspired drive.

19. Stratburst70

Stratburst70 Member

Way Huge Green Rhino. Probably the best bang-for-buck TS-style overdrive I have ever run across. Last year, I tried a Keeley Red Dirt and a Wampler Tumnus Deluxe in its place, and I eventually returned to the Green Rhino.

Dopesick and HeavyCream like this.
  20. HeavyCream

HeavyCream Member

Source Audio Demensions Reverb. It’s ugly, its not stereo equipped, it’s not the latest and greatest but for $100, you get so much reverb. 2 spring, 2 plate, 5 rooms, metal box, echo and a modverb. Extremely adjustable and can save 2 presets.

ttmnky and Adagietto like this.