What are some pedals you think are under-rated / sleepers?

Angry Andy

Joyo crunch...great miab pedal and i think alot of players dont know about the internal presence pot which makes the pedal so much more usable when adjusted. I really love the sound out of this one and its stupid cheap.

Gilwater

Mooer Ensemble King:

I used it for years. The blend control can make the chorus effect very subtle.....and it sound good.

I love my CE-2waza too, but I wish that it had a blend like the Mooer.

golddillion

Supporting Member
Joyo AC Tone. Bought one last month for $25.00 to try as a low gain Voxy od on my board. 3 weeks ago I had my gig rig set up in a large empty office in the building where I work to try out the new looper I had built. Got to fiddling with the knobs and got a great, fat, tight Marshally crunch. It ended up knocking off the Weehbo JCM Drive I have used for the past several years as my main crunch tone! The only thing I had an issue with is the hiss it puts out at higher gain settings.

So, I just had to try the Tech21 Liverpool it is a clone of as I got to reading that the original is quieter, warmer and fuller. Scored one on ebay (newer version with the speaker sim defeat) and got to a/b them this afternoon. The differences were as described. So now the Liverpool has my #1 spot, but the AC Tone is staying as my low gainer.

Best $25.00 I have spent.

Here's another I just got today - The Valeton Moon Echo delay. Killer!

OP you are semi-right... the EHX Cock Fight PLUS is fantastic. You get a great wah, a solid fuzz and a talkbox in one device for around $100. If I could only be allowed one pedal for a gig, it would be this one. It does EVERYTHING and runs for gigs on a single 9v.

OP you are semi-right... the EHX Cock Fight PLUS is fantastic. You get a great wah, a solid fuzz and a talkbox in one device for around $100. If I could only be allowed one pedal for a gig, it would be this one. It does EVERYTHING and runs for gigs on a single 9v.
Preaching to the choir here man! It's the one pedal I was always wondering why people were'nt talking about more. There are so many good sounds in it. I personally like the stompbox format better though because of the easy ability to fine tune different tones and leave them there, but to each their own on the format.. it's just an awesome offering.

Alchemist XP

I'll start.

EHX Cock Fight.

I have pedals that I've paid 10x more for on the same board, and I can always find ways to incorporate the Cock Fight and get some wicked sounds from. The fuzz in it is surprisingly good (I completely assumed it to be something I wouldn't engage) and the ability to fine tune the EQ/Tone using the knobs OR use it as a classic wah using an expression pedal, make it super versatile. It's cheap as dirt, makes a ton of great quality sounds, and does more than pedals twice it's price in the same category.
Really agree with this ... Love this pedal. Wish there was a way to turn the fuzz on without the wah effect but even without that, it's a great pedal with lots of sounds.

JonSick

Boss HF-2 High Band Flanger. I really wish Boss would Waza that guy up! I would buy one instantly.

My latest pedal is the CE-2w and I love it so much, it may actually be kicking my Blue Hippo off the board. And I have serious love for my Blue Hippo!

songtalk

I don't really know about under rated but I really like my OD-2r and DS-2 the most out of all my Boss dirt pedals and I never hear people mention them.

DavidTCIC

Zoom PD01
DOD FX9
Line 6 Echo Park
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Ibanez PM7
Ibanez FZ7
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
DOD Looking Glass
Boss CE2B
Digitech hardwire series
TC Nova Drive
Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
Bbe Soul Vibe

HeavyCream

Source Audio Demensions Reverb. It’s ugly, its not stereo equipped, it’s not the latest and greatest but for $100, you get so much reverb. 2 spring, 2 plate, 5 rooms, metal box, echo and a modverb. Extremely adjustable and can save 2 presets.