What are some pedals you think are under-rated / sleepers?

Tmidiman

Zoom MS-100BT. I call it The God-Pedal. Dirt, drives, amp models, modulation, delays, reverbs, wackiness, all in a single pedal form that allows up to 6 at a time. I don’t know of any other pedal in that size that does what it does.

There are a few other sleepers I’ll be buying before I talk about them.

Hofnarr

Was thinking about getting both Voluum and Wahoo, since Sonuus had a great bundle price. But the facts that A. the combination of both would have taken up too much pedal board real estate, and B. Wahoo has MIDI only over USB kept me away from it. Instead, I got a ProStage Remote Wah Wah that I control from the Sonuus. May be replaced with a Chase Bliss Condor in the future.
Yeah, the MIDI over USB thing really ticks me off. Condor's a great pedal, definitely worth trying.

Last edited:

JmpOne

Yeah, the MIDI over USB thing really ticks me off. Condor a great pedal, definitely worth trying.
Indeed. I was very surprised when I was reading about the Wahoo that I'd need another third party box to access midi functions. Sadly it's somewhat of a growing trend I don't appreciate, imagine wanting a rig with a Wahoo, a smaller One Series pedal from Source Audio and a Chase Bliss pedal.. each would need it's own add on box to access midi. Rather defeats the concept of manufacturers agreeing a common standard for this stuff. The Voluum is orthodox in that respect thankfully. If it were only a decent compressor with midi presets it'd be useful enough at the price for me, but it covers way more ground than that. And while not everyone, or every gig, requires its wide range of tools I'm surprised it isn't talked about more often.

Not Orange

Silver Supporting Member
Boss AD-2 Distortion pedal. Yeah, it's digital but it's a great distortion that still allows string definition and complex chording to work even with high gain settings.

Another that I don't hear much talk about is another great distortion pedal. The Malekko Sloika. Lotsa gain on tap if you want it but you can also dial in lower levels and have your playing bring out the hair. :aok

Truckdub

My sleeper is the MXR Classic OD. I think it’s a great TS style pedal. It was the GC special run and was $30 brand new.

triviani

Supporting Member
A bunch of sleepers:

Maxon 999 phaser, smooth, what the p90 should be but it's not. It's the phaser I use the most right now, and I've tried almost every phaser out there.

Mooer Triangolo, 3 waves, divisions, random mode, and the led doubles as tap tempo button. Ignore it.

Prescription Electronics Germ, best germanium low gainer.

MSD Paranoid, it does sound like Sabbath.

Biyang tri-reverb- Sleeper alert! This reverb is a joy for ambient players, the "a" mode boosts the reverb in a way that makes it saturate and almost oscillate. Great reverb and not only for the price.

Last edited:

Laurence

Silver Supporting Member
A bunch of sleepers:

Maxon 999 phaser, smooth, what the p90 should be but it's not. It's the phaser I use the most right now, and I've tried almost every phaser out there.

Mooer Triangolo, 3 waves, divisions, random mode, and the led doubles as tap tempo button. Ignore it.

Prescription Electronics Germ, best germanium low gainer.

MSD Paranoid, it does sound like Sabbath.

Biyang tri-reverb- Sleeper alert! This reverb is a joy for ambient players, the "a" mode boosts the reverb in a way that makes it saturate and almost oscillate. Great reverb and not only for the price.
Unfirtunately no PE product is no longer a sleeper...

James

I've only owned two of them (MD3 and SV2) but I think those old small Guyatone pedals were kinda cool. I've been somewhat curious about that Wah Rocker pedal, but the prices seem to be much higher than they used to, so for at least that one, it's no longer a sleeper. The proverbial cat is, as they say, out of the bag...:jo

JosephZdyrski

I predict the 40 Ltd Anniversary Boss DS-1’s will go up greatly in value as soon as supplies dry up.

Sound wise:
Ibanez FZ5 60’s Fuzz is a great sounding fuzz.

Various cheap delays and Echos currently being produced are really good particularly TC Electronics stuff.

I predict a comeback for the humble Boss SD1 as a tube Screamer substitute this thing is still one of the best sounding alternatives.