What are some pedals you think are under-rated / sleepers?

Jaguar

Zoom PD01
DOD FX9
Line 6 Echo Park
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Ibanez PM7
Ibanez FZ7
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe
Voodoo Lab Superfuzz
DOD Looking Glass
Boss CE2B
Digitech hardwire series
TC Nova Drive
Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
Bbe Soul Vibe
I have a DOD Looking Glass it is rated well but still underrated and maybe a sleeper as in ‘future classic’ when DOD don’t make em anymore. OK I have to admit... I have two.. arghh!

Zooey

I'll pile on.

Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus. I've got one with no LED, but they are probably all the same. As you turn up the depth, it becomes more like a vibrato than a chorus. It's also very vocal sounding, especially with dirt. As a CE-1 clone, I don't think they nailed it. But it is a cheap and good sounding chorus that doesn't sound anything like a CE-2 or a Small Clone.

Alchemist XP

Xotic BB+ = covers a ton of very authentic, touch sensitive overdrive sonic territory
Gristle King = Exactly what a mids-bumping overdrive should be ... perfect execution
Skreddy Lunar Module (mini deluxe) = The bar none, best fuzz-ish pedal I've ever played

goldwax

IMI predict a comeback for the humble Boss SD1 as a tube Screamer substitute this thing is still one of the best sounding alternatives.
I got a 1981 about six years ago fit just $40. No idea what they went for normally st that time, but I was surprised to see that early ones only go for about $100. Thought it would be at least $50 more given how well-regarded (and justifiably so) they are.

goldwax

There seems to be a lingering disdain for the TR-2, because of a volume-drop issue that was addressed around 2005 or so. It’s a nice low-buck pedal with a great hard-chop.

The Mooer Black Secret is a great Rat clone that gets respect from people who have tried it and eye-rolling from people who have not.

TC Electronic Mojomojo: low gain grit.
SD Forza: TS-style sounds but active TMB tone stack (great by itself or stacking with other pedals, especially MIABs).
Keeley Aurora: wide range of reverb sounds.
Donner Yellow Fall: cheap but great sounding analog delay sound.

Trending Topics