What are the best “bang for the buck” pedals out there?

big-ez

Silver Supporting Member
Koogo Flanger in Amazon. It’s a clone of Mooer elady: $30.99!!!! Sound pretty good, and very low noise floor.

SonicTonic Seeker

Silver Supporting Member
so if it's a clone of a clone made by a co. you don't want to endorse, that means it's fine to buy right?

and is the Sphinx like.. an approved clone, an attempted replica, or a fuzz that's supposed to be similar to the Scarab and pay homage to it?

Howlin1

Silver Supporting Member
so if it's a clone of a clone made by a co. you don't want to endorse, that means it's fine to buy right?

and is the Sphinx like.. an approved clone, an attempted replica, or a fuzz that's supposed to be similar to the Scarab and pay homage to it?
I'm not endorsing. It sounds good. And circuits can't be copyrighted. And I've spent money with both John Lyons and Frank. So my conscience is clear on this.

Resonate01

Boss DD20 has to be up there. I bought one for 90$ in December. 4 presets + manual mode, tap tempo, expression jack, BPM readout, 11 different delay modes, stereo...

Like seriously?!

SonicTonic Seeker

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not endorsing. It sounds good. And circuits can't be copyrighted. And I've spent money with both John Lyons and Frank. So my conscience is clear on this.
I was actually talking about the flangers with the first sentence, should have clarified.

was just curious about the Sphinx. I thought the Scarab was based on an MKIII

sempre

Gold Supporting Member
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive - TS type drive with an all- important clean blend. Lifetime build quality, versatile, made in the states, absolutely cheap on the used market.

Sometimes, I get bored with it’s consistency... lol.. start swapping drives and always wind up putting it back on the board.

Some drives sound “better” at home, but in context with the band, I just haven’t found anything that sounds so right..

PatriotBadger

Anything and everything from BYOC, assuming you have the ability and desire to build it yourself and don't care about resale.

Rouge Delta

MXR Double Double: Tube Screamer clone / OCD clone at the flip of a switch, very usable tones out of both that are completely different. It's like having two high quality OD pedals for a hundred bucks or so.

Trending Topics