• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

what are the best boost pedals?

rozonerecords

i was wondering if anyone could suggest any good moderately priced boost pedals. i've got my eye on the fulltone fat boost, but i was wondering if there are some others i should be considering. let me know.

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
RC Booster is a very nice, versatile booster with simple and effective EQ and plenty of level.

I also like the Klon set clean for a not as transparent but fatter boost.

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Z Vex Super Duper 2 in 1 / Super Hard On
Creation Audio MK 4 23
Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso
BYOC Confidence Booster (believe it or not :) )

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
DAM Red Rooster, Swart Atomic Boost and the Klon are the best I have tried.

As far as moderately priced, the Barber Launch pad is an excellent clean boost.

I currently own the Rooster.

SimonMorrison

• Creation Audio Labs MK.4.23 48V Pro Boost
• Fulltone Fat-Boost 3
• Xotic Effects RC Booster

devnulljp

Guys, he said "good moderately priced boost pedals" -- I think that rules out the Klon and D*A*M at least :D The xotics aren't too pricey, not sure about the religious one or how much brad charges though.

How about SolidGoldFX boosts -- he used to do a clean boost and a dirty boost, but now it's a single pedal with a switch between the two modes -- they're good, and not expensive at all.

http://solidgoldfx.com/nitro.php

rozonerecords

thanks so much for everyone's input so far. i think i'm actually looking mostly for a dirty boost. does that change anyone's mind about which direction i should go?

mgarrison99

Gold Supporting Member
I was pleasantly surprised with my Lovepedal Eternity Kanji. Pull the gain all the way down and turn up the level. Very nice in front of an already-driven amp. Also have the versatility of using it as a straight OD pedal.

plagtr2

Gold Supporting Member
Used Durham Sex Drive. Or get on the list for a new Timmy--a bit more grit, but cleans up well.

Brock

Sexdrive, Timmy, Tim and if you are still curious sell a guitar and get a Klon. If you hate it you can get your money back easy. Someday you'll need to try one.

Wooley

You know, one of the greatest pure pedals I've ever tried is the Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Picoso.

The pedal is no longer made, but I understand that there is a setting on the current Super Chili Picoso that is supposedly the same as the old SPP. If not, I think it's worth it to shake some trees looking for an old Poblano. If not, my second choice would be the SCP (I have an old one of those also).

scuzzles

I use the Fulltone Fat Boost for clean. Pretty much keep it on all the time actually. And the Timmy for dirty leads.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom