What are the best cables available?

andrewnielson

I've loved my George L's.....
makes a clean board being able to cut your own sizes so there isn't tons of extra cable all over your board. also good tone in my opinion...

Tubthumper

Beware: the "snake oil phenomenon" applies heavily when it comes to cables.

If I were buying cables now, I'd want someone to recommend George L's, Planet Waves, or Evidence.

WailinGuy

We seem to be getting a lot of "What is the best X?" questions lately.

Asking what is the best of type X gear is like asking who the best guitarist is, or who is the best musician, or best artist, or best chef. The truth is, there is no one best, and typically you'll get nearly as many different opinions as responses.

Much better to state what characteristics you're looking for.

dividedsky

There is no best. I mean, if you want you can spend $300/foot on Golden Oval cables but I'd just call up lavaman and tell him what your needs are. I bet he can set you up nicely.

Zero Point

If price is no object how about the Van den Hul top of the line?

Warn ya. 1 10 foot run could cost you 600 bucks or more...

;) The more affordable VdH Integration Hybrid is a nice one tho. And I personally like a blend of the Hybrids, Evidence Audio Lyric HG. and EA Melody.

-ZP

Buduranus2

Silver Supporting Member
Didn't mean to offend. By "best" I meant most transparent, detailed, lowest capacitance, and sonically neutral. Would probably prefer solid core to stranded. Connectors and strain relief are also considerations. Again, my apologies.

Ben C.

The Bill Lawrence Wilde cable is better balanced with greater clarity and is only $0.36/ft.
Not to mention that it has better plugs in regard to ease of use and mechanical reliability. Maybe that's debatable, but given the feedback, you'll find a bunch of people having problems with GL's rt. angle plugs, and none having problems with BL short plugs.

nrvana8775

I have 3 george l soldered cables for my guitar-> vht valvulator, back to amp, and effects loop.

I am having a lot of problems with their patch cables though. I am really tempted to sell them and get something soldered. Does anyone have recommendations for a good soldered patch cable? I hate to limit myself, but I'm starting to get to a comfortable point with my pedal selection, and don't foresee any reason to need custom cut lengths beyond a foot. A mix of 3", 6" and 1' would be nice.

elambo

The question is "best cables available."

George L's may be good and very cost effective, but they're quite far from the "best available."

Van den Hul is my favorite if you're paying. Evidence is my favorite if I'm paying.

Trending Topics