What are the best of the Stone Temple Pilot albums?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
... in order to maximize the listening experience? :confused

They have some really fabulous music and will go down in history as one of the last great guitar rock bands IMHO.

I wonder what TGP regards as their best work?

... in order to maximize the listening experience? :confused

They have some really fabulous music and will go down in history as one of the last great guitar rock bands IMHO.

I wonder what TGP regards as their best work?
Robert DeLeo is one of the best examples of “the bassist is the loser of the band” stereotypes that are absolutely, and completely - false.

He’s brilliant and the real magic behind those songs which were usually his.

TheGuildedAge

Robert DeLeo is one of the best examples of “the bassist is the loser of the band” stereotypes that is absolutely, and completely - false.

He’s brilliant and the real magic behind those songs which were usually his.
This is so true.

I do think Dean is under rated as 90s guitarists go. Everyone seems to forget him but he is a great rock player.

Flogger59

One of my favorite modern guitarists for sure. He always plays for the song’s strengths.

STP in many ways really became the next Led Zeppelin. Just as as JPJ was indispensable, so is Robert.
Yes and no. I love the band, and they were great when I saw them, but there were zero unplanned moments. A three minute song on the record was a three minute song live. No jamming.

If you're going to compare a band to Zep, they have to jam.

Certainly one of the best singles bands of all time. Thank You proves how vital they are.

I sometimes confused Plush with all the other Seattle grunge bands. I could argue Core is worth getting just for Plush alone.

But it also has

Sex Type Thing
Wicked Garden
Creep

Yes and no. I love the band, and they were great when I saw them, but there were zero unplanned moments. A three minute song on the record was a three minute song live. No jamming.

If you're going to compare a band to Zep, they have to jam.
Good point.
I still think that Led Zeppelin’s grooves were a gigantic mothership of an influence to the DeLeo Bros.

Maybe they don’t jam live because newer generations don’t embrace guitar solos/jams that go on and on for several minutes? Or an entire album side?

Trending Topics