What are the main differences between the EH Hog and Pog?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dorfmeister, Oct 23, 2008.

1. dorfmeister

dorfmeister Member

What are the main differences between the EH Hog and Pog?

2. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

they are really different beasts. The Pog just does octaves and some detunes, the HOG does octaves, 5ths 3rds, has a filter section, you can adjust attack and decay, it has en external preset holder, it has an expression pedal that can be used for all kinds of things like pitch shifts, holding of notes, as a wah. There are some great videos on youtube that will give you an idea of just how different they are.

3. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

yep

i am wondering if they'll release the hog/pog in the smaller boxes soon, lookin at their website it looks like they got the synth and a couple others into a smaller box now...

4. vorvick

vorvick Member

I went with the POG simply because the main sounds I wanted were fundamental + ocatve up, fundamental + octave down, octave down only, and that pipe organ!

If I ever get a HOG, which would be nice, I don't think it will replace the POG, so yeah, smaller boxes would be great.

EHX rules,

V

5. LowWatt

LowWatt Member

I've heard that the way they generate the tones is slightly different, leading to slightly different tones. I seem to remember Jack White going to the HOG and then going back to the POG beacuse he liked the tone better.