• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What are the stats on what people play as their #1

Your favorite type of guitar is

• Les Paul

• Strat

• Tele

• 335 or similar semi-hollow or hollow

• PRS

• Ibanez Jem style / shredder

• a humbucker based guitar not listed above

• a single coil based guitar not listed above

• a very odd guitar like nothing else out there

• you missed my category :-(

Results are only viewable after voting.

soldano16

This idea started with me thinking about amps which turned into a question as to what type of guitars do people use most. Now I'm sure everyone here can think of better categories so I apologize.

But if we get a lot of votes, it will provide an interesting analysis of what folks play. Feel free to post a pic of that #1.

willhutch

Silver Supporting Member
I said "missed my category". The reason is that I don't really have a favorite. I've played everything over the years. I rotate through my collection all the time. It's a different axe at every gig. I own and use a specimen of each category listed above. I like each for different reasons.

freddairy

The only guitars I've owned for a long time have sentimental value, but they are never my #1. For gigging guitars I've never had a guitar for more than 3 years so #1 is a constantly changing guitar.

I gotta go with "missed my category"

NativH

Platinum Supporting Member
SG's and V's over my 355. Sold all my LP's and the Strat is there for when I'm in a single coil mood. SG is really the #1 and has been since '75. 335 before that but I was more into pop than rock in the early to late 60's. Once Sabbath and Zep came along, well..........................

stormin1155

Interesting. Just a hunch, but my guess is if you would have done this pole 5 or 6 years ago it would have been more strat. Teles have really come into favor lately. My first "good" guitar was a tele back 35 years ago, but I didn't start playing them again until about 5 years ago. Strangely enough, it was a kid in a small cover band that was getting such sweet tones out of his that it inspired me to go home and build what is now my #1.

Kind of the middle of the Road. I play an LP, but it has coil taps and phase on each PUP...I can get pretty much anywhere.

But I use the LP w/SD-1 and SD-4's more than the coil stuff...SLAP.

somedude

While my P90 LP has been dominating my playtime in recent months, I still consider this my #1.

5E3

I don't have many guitars. Of what I have, my Strat is the favorite and Tele a close second. I like the Strat for comfort and versatility of tones. :AOK

bluegrif

Silver Supporting Member
Go-To status is shared between one of my Strats and my Hamer Monaco Elite. But basically, I play everything I have. I particularly enjoy playing my archtops and often take one of those, along with one of my two mainstays.

stoob0t

Depends on my mood - i love the playability of my 339, but i have an old telecaster that just has something special about it that no other guitar i've played seems to be able to replicate.

Trending Topics