what are you favorite pages/parts of Sheets of Sound?

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by Krish, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Krish

Krish Member

so i just got zuckers book. thanks to this message board!

now i know ideally, i should just work it from front to back. but i was curious what some of you favorite excercises and licks?

btw, jzucker, i love how you had a little section with a few different licks from my favorite players! (benson, metheny, etc...)

so... lay it on me!

2. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

I use it as an inspirational reference book ...
    There's is so much there ... a brilliant work

3. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

Mine has yet to arrive... Im sure Jacks getting right on getting that to me as well LOL

Im looking forward to digging in to it. The examples on the site look great.

I think between SOS I and II and the standards Im working on, a good year of education and practice is coming...

4. Kappy

Kappy Member

I like and have been working on the diatonic septuplets from Vol. 1 quite a bit. There's a nice, diatonic arpeggio/Gambale-esque thing in Vol. II that I like. I forget which volume it is (I think II) that has some pretty cool diatonic quartal and quintal runs that are very interesting.

5. Mike T

Mike T Member

I just got mine a few days ago.. Browsed through it and it looks really good. Can't wait to start with it. Been working with Mick Goodrick's voice leading book recently and a few others. My coffee table is full and layers thick with books and vids. Too many books...too little time.