What are you guys using for a Chorus Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stephen thomas, Dec 10, 2005.

1. stephen thomas

stephen thomas Member

I currently have a Fulltone Choral Flange, which is great, but what do you find to be the nicest transparent boutique pedal? Is it Fulltone, TC SCF, or maybe Analogman. For me it needs to be in stereo and full on clean settings.

2. jj4guitar

jj4guitar Guest

EBS Unichorus is amazing. Made for Bass, but has served me well. Got rid of my TC Electronics after getting it. The best I have played other than high dollar studio rack gear.

JJ

3. Doug59

Doug59 Supporting Member

4. Occam

Occam Member

I've been using the Analogman for 4 or 5 years now...I don't even think about other chorus pedals any more.

5. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I had an anologman Chorus and regretfully sold it a while ago........... But I just scored another one last week and will have it back on my board by Tuesday! The AM clone chorus is nice and thick and it also does the best faux leslie tone i heard in a chorus.

6. dave s

dave s Member

Retrosonic Chorus Ensemble is on my board. One pedal that won't be replaced (or even thought of replacing!) probably ever.

Very liquid and dripping wet chorus sound. One side is chorus the other vibe that does an incredible leslie-type tone.

7. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I just bought a Boss CE-20 and it's phenomenal. I got a near new one on eBay for $117. It has 6 different classic Boss chorus types to choose from...

Rich - Just like the name - thick & juicy
    Bass - voiced for bass or heavy crunch
    Acoustic - voiced for acoustic guitars
    Standard - nice generic chorus
    Dimension D - legendary studio chorus, with all presets (7).
    CE-1 - the classic that started it all, from the company that invented it - what more could you want?

Plus, it has 4 memory presets + Manual mode, fx Level, Overload LED, Hi/Lo EQ (cut/boost), Briliance knob & Ambience (reverb). The tones are exquisite. It is a double pedal, but it's more than worth it. It has a switch for accepting line level from an fx loop, or standard pedal/guitar input. Plus it's stereo In/Out. In stereo (which is how I use it), it is amazing.

8. eric-d

eric-d Member

I love my ChoralFlange.... I get a great old school flange, a great CE-1 tone, and a sweet Leslie effect..... I'm glad I traded a Rotosphere for it....

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I just use my boss dd-20 :AOK

10. erksin

erksin Member

DLS Chorus~Vibe for me...

11. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Supporting Member

Arion SCH-1 Chorus (made in Japan). Freakin' vibey little plastic box!

12. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Old Electra pedal for the liquidy sounds, a Rolls rp-147 for the leslie chorus. And once in a while, an Ibanez UE-400.

13. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey guys,

I have an old '80s Boss CE-2 chorus pedal that I love the sound of. It has a nice syrupy vibe about it and when I step on it, the mids seem to get pushed up. I usually run the rate and depth at low setting. I plan on getting the Keeley Hi-Fi mod for the CE-2 soon.

Guitar George

14. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

+1

But I don't use too much chorus. Unless you count modulated delay. :AOK

15. erksin

erksin Member

I use mine for the pitch-shifting Vibrato tones 95% of the time...

16. Dirge

Dirge Member

I like it too, not true-bypass but I don't hear any tone-sucking. The EQ with the Lowend bypass puts it a step above IMO. It sounds very good!

17. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

The three I dig are the Fulltone Choralflange, Analog Man Bi-Chorus and Keeley Modded CE-2.

Of them, the Fulltone gets the nod the most because of the mix and gain knobs. I also like that it is a bit "slicker" sounding overall.

18. MarkWorth

MarkWorth Member

19. wgs1230

wgs1230 Fully Intonatable Silver Supporting Member

I've had a few pass through my hands (or a bandmate's) over the past 20yrs, though I confess to not having used them very much on gigs: MXR, Ibanez 505 & 9, Boss CE-1&2, t.c. electronic, EH clone, Analogman. Yet to hear anything better than the recent Maxon CS-550 in stereo, which unfortunately needs a wall wart & is OOP.

20. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

A Boss CH-1 that I modded with a Indyguitarist.com kit. I love it, sounds like a leslie! Does the 80's pop chorus tone if I need it (hope I don't though!!)