• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What are you paying for strings per pack(electric)?

phantasm

$5 for either a set of Ernie ball Slinkies or a set of DR's.
I buy as many sets as i can of discontinued strings for $2 a pack for weird things i make and want to test out- then, after they're ready to go, i put a $5 set on them.
I'm not one to change strings after every gig, so it works out just fine.

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
I recently bought some GHS Boomers at my local shop for $3.86/pack. The E Balls were $4.29 as were D'Addarios. I decided to try Gibson's Brite Wires on my LP for $5.99 (imho, they ain't worth it, I'll go back to the Vintage Nickel Gibby strings..but they are $6.99 a set now !).

NativH

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm stuck on Pyramids so about $16 a pack, but Pyramid nickels are worth every penny to me.

RL in Fla

D'ADDARIO EXL140 , light top / heavy bottom. 3 for $12.45 ($4.15 ea.) at Elderly .

I get GC to price-match Elderly's online price since tax is cheaper than shipping .

Dannc6

I use web strings, and the strings end up costing 2.49 per pack. great deal, and the strings are great as well.

billy budapest

Silver Supporting Member
I watch for offers from the extremely nice people at http://stringsandbeyond.com.

My last purchase was a 10-pack of D'Addarios for $3.32/pack and it came with a 3-pack of Planet Waves 6" cables and free shipping (because I tossed in a set of Everly Rockers)!

Can't do much better than that!

Thanks again, Mike, and for the free picks too!

pewing33ny

Silver Supporting Member
DR Coated Strings - $9 or so

never rust and feel good for a couple months. I only change them once they start to lose intonation/tuning.

mike80

It depends on where I shop.

I buy Ernie Ball at GC for around $4 a pack
I can get them at a local store for $10, buy one get one free (like that's a deal or something). It's closer.

There's another local store that charges $8 for the first pack, second pack is $5. I don't buy them there anymore.

Cpt. Picard

DR Blues in 9.

GC/S'mash never carry the nines, so I'm stuck paying $7 at the mom-n-pop.

I pretend not to care cos I'm "supporting the little guy" but I wish I could get 'em at the big box for cheeper...

Tone Loco

Gold Supporting Member
I get GC to price-match Elderly's online price since tax is cheaper than shipping .
How do you get em to do that? Bring in a print out of a cheaper price on strings and they'll match it?? Sounds like a good idea if so, the shipping on strings can be kinda ridiculous unless you get a lot of sets.

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
Just got a d'adderio buy 3 get one free and then 15% off the whole order with free shipping. Comes out to $2.76 a set!

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
I use web strings, and the strings end up costing 2.49 per pack. great deal, and the strings are great as well.
Yep...been using these for a few years and have no complaints...especially about the price!

straightblues

I pay $8 for Gibson BB King Strings. They are pure nickell and they last a really long time. I like old strings and these one stay good for up to a year on my guitars.

Trending Topics