• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What are you using as a bag?

good soil digital

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I am just wondering what bag you guys use to carry around all the odds and ends. I have a pedalboard for the electric stuff, but when I am playing acoustic I usually just fumble around with all the gear (cables, tuners, capos, extra strings, di's, etc).

I tried using an old backpack and it made it even more difficult than using nothing at all.

What bags are you guys using?

mprvise

Backpacks work great for me - especially the ones with multiple areas. I've also used military bags and carry on type bags.

No doubt someone on TGP has the be all end all odds and ends carrying device.

Todd Lynch

Since '99 or so, I've been using a black leather knapsack/backpack thing that was actually a woman's purse... it's roughly 8" diameter @ the bottom and ~10-12" tall - just right for my needs.

The Chrome Bags look hip if a little pricy.

Chadley

Silver Supporting Member
I use a small Craftsman tool box. It is much easier to keep something like that organized than a bag IMHO. I keep all my strings, extra pedals, George L parts (in case of emergency), tools, polish, rags, capos, picks, slides, odd audio connectors that I might need and other stuff in it. You can pick up cool ones for around $25 at the local hardware store.

dorfmeister

Since '99 or so, I've been using a black leather knapsack/backpack thing that was actually a woman's purse... it's roughly 8" diameter @ the bottom and ~10-12" tall - just right for my needs.

The Chrome Bags look hip if a little pricy.
I've got a big chrome messenger bag and it is tough as nails, holds a ton, and is easy to sling over the shoulder. I like it very much.

You can fill it with ice and it will double as a cooler for a case of beer! It's lined with vinyl truck tarp material.

JUSTJOB

I use an old LL.Bean backpack with a leather reinforced bottom and multiple storage compartments. It even has a place for sheet music! I drag everything in this backpack from cables to pedals and batteries, even a Pignose 7-100! Whatever works!
Best Regards!

Trending Topics