What are your best-bang-for-the-buck, price/performance winner pedals?

-GF-

Haven't used all these. Some are just from reading around...

Tuner:

Tomsline AT-07 mini.

Compressor

Optical compressors like Mooer Yellow Comp and other clones of the Diamond CPR-1, or Kokko Compressor, Mosky Dynacomp, JOYO JF-10, Behringer CS400 (close Boss CS-3 copy) or CL9 (very close Ibanez CP9 clone), Biyang CO-8 and other clones of the MXR Dyna-Comp/Ross/Keeley-type comp.

EQ:

Behringer EQ700, Biyang ToneFancier Series EQ-7.

Fuzz

Behringer SF300, Cuvave Fuzz

Boost and Overdrive

Dolamo D-8 Overdrive, Caline Pure Sky and other Timmy clones; Behringer TO800 Vintage Tube Overdrive, Caline CP-75 Emerald Night OD and other clones of the Ibanez Tube Screamer 808; Mosky Silver Horse and other Klon clones; DemonFX King of Drive, Caline CP-70, and other clones of Analogman King of Tone, TC Electronic Spark and Spark Mini.

Distortion

Mosky Black Rat, Harley Benton Rodent, Dolamo Vintage Distortion, Mooer Black Secret, and other budget clones of the ProCo Rat.

Octaver

Mooer Tender Octaver, TC Electronics Nether Octaver (analog), Donner Harmonic Square.

Chorus

Tom’sline ACH3S Analogue Chorus, Nux Analog Chorus, Behringer UC200

Delay

Donner Yellow Fall, Donner Island Delay Looper, Mooer Reecho, Flamma FC03 or FS03.

Reverb

Mosky Spring Reverb, Flamma FC02, Caline Snakebite, TC Electronic Skysurfer Mini

PreAmp:

Behringer ADI21

Looper

TC Electronic Ditto, Boss RC-3 Loop Station, Donner Circle Looper

IR Loader

Nux NSS-3 Mini Studio

All in one/multiFX:

Zoom MS-50G

59 Restorer

Silver Supporting Member
Boss CE-3. It’s pretty cool sounding and way cheaper than a CE-2 or 2w
Less than 100.00 used

Boss BF-2. One of the all time top 3 or 4 Flangers ever made. $100ish used street.

SD-1,OD-2,BD-2,DS-1,OD-3… wait I am on a Boss kick here. Wonder why?

johnrea_77

Gold Supporting Member
AION Andromeda - Under $100 if you build the kit yourself (intermediate level build).

Top notch Nobels ODR clone.

andromeda__odr.jpg

JerryDarkstar

s-l1600.jpg

Mosky 250X

Its a DOD 250 and a MXR Dist+ in a pedal. Replace one of the pots with a C100 mini and this is a steal for around $25 + $5 for the pot and 20 mins of your time to install it. $30 total. This pedal sounds great going thu any of my Fender style amps, as well as it sounds great thru my Orange Tremlord amplifier. Very cool pedal, but ya def need to mod it with the C100 pot or you have no control over the level of gain.

Along with a TS style pedal you can get some great tones out of this.

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
The poor, forgotten, lowly Fulldrive. You can get them for used around (and often under) $100 and you have yourself a modern classic.

Someone already mentioned it but I’ll +1 the Keeley Fuzz Head.

Lilt the Gladiator Distortion or their Dyna Distortion. They were inspired by bjf Dyna Red Distortion but with 3-band eq. Top-notch value.

Rat 2. Just as good as any other Rat, vintage or otherwise.
OD-3. Boss's best production OD.
RV-5. World class reverbs.
DOD Comp 280. Best 2 knob Comp I've used.
Carbon Copy. Solid analog delay.
DD-7. Standard in digital delay.
Phase 95. Both phase 90 and 45 in one box for less than 100.

Aside from reverb and delay, these are all less than a Benjamin.

earthmud

Silver Supporting Member
Ats808 aka tsv808. The board cost $20 plus parts. Was about $300 cheaper than the really thing and sounds fantastic. Best pedal per dollar I have ever spent.

Ole Tin Ear

The Pigtronix Gatekeeper noise gate $119 MAP (you can often find it for less) kicked an ISP Deci-Mate off of my board. I like it better than most of it's higher-priced competition.

EDIT: PLEASE CONSIDER INCLUDING THE STREET PRICES WITH YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS. (I'm hoping mostly for pedals under $100 street.)

Like most here, I've blown a ton of $$ over the years on effect pedals. When I need to pay more for better quality/tone, I won't hesitate to do so. But when I don't need to pay more to sound good, I'm happy to go with budget pedals.

What are your bang-for-the-buck, price/performance effect pedal winners? I have 3, all under a C note "street."

(1) J.Rockett Squeegee: as a basic compressor, it's amazing what this $59 pedal (no typo!) can do.

(2) MXR Phase 95: $99.99 (w/"candy") gets you essentially 4 phase tones in one - and they're all excellent.

(3) Pro Co Rat 2: I don't understand why anyone would pay a lot more for a boutique version of this pedal when the original for $79.99 is great as is.

Joyo vision is a nice summer, splitter (in buffered bypass mode) and a very versatile modulation for only 85. A JHS summing amp alone is 107, so I'd say it's a HUGE deal. :beer

For those interested in its algos and summing/splitting capabilities (with two instruments at once) here it is:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom