• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What are your favorite Helix FX?

jrockbridge

I’ve got an HX Stomp on the way. In fact, it should arrive tomorrow. I’m excited for multiple reasons including the amp modeling and audio interface capabilities. But, I’m also curious to know, which Helix FX do users count as their favorites?

mattball826

I run stereo, so my fav's most used

Dual delay
Mod Chorus Echo (probably great for HX Stomp since you get mod and delay in 1 block)
Elephant Man (memory man... because when you change settings it makes weird sounds like the memman did)
Courtesan flange
Script Phase ( mono in front of amp)
70's Chorus (some presets I use in front, others post)
Dual Pitch
Pitch Wham
Timmah for Drive

Blinkon

I use a 10 band EQ at the end of a chain as a solo volume boost. It allows for an overall volume gain while taming any frequencies that may become offensive at that additional volume. A parametric EQ would work too.

The LA-2A compressor model is a fantastic post-cab/IR compressor. I use it on most of my patches as well.

Danzego

Unless I’ve got an over the top Reverb for an ambient patch running, I always place a fairly conservative Spring reverb right at the end of the chain; just a little something to give a bit of depth to the tone. A similar approach is to set early reflections on a stock cab, but I like the ability to toggle it on and off with the pedalboard if needed, particularly if I’m playing through a speaker rather than headphones.

Brandon7s

The Teemah!, Adriatic Delay, and the OCD all get my vote. The reverbs are decent but lack in HX version variety. Of the new ones I like Doubletank the most with Gannymede a close second. I still prefer my 3rd party VST reverbs far more than anything in the Helix though: Valhalla Plate/Room and XenoVerb, which is one I just recently found and love.

-Empire

Silver Supporting Member
Timmy, klon, LA-2A, tube mic preamp

The wet effects are great but for me, being able to get great drive sounds without having to buy a bunch of overdrives is incredibly valuable.

Trending Topics