What Are Your Thoughts on SolidGoldFX?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DrwDfDc, Nov 21, 2018.

1. DrwDfDc

DrwDfDc Member

Lost in emptiness of space & time, & demented mind
    I saw an offer on SolidGoldFx, where if you buy a full size pedal, you can get the Hive Fuzz free (I made the mistake earlier this year in buying my first fuzz).

I don't know anything about this company, and was curious how good their pedals are, and if they are good what ones to look at?

Thanks

2. The Villano Dude

The Villano Dude Member

I like them but have only tried their Superdrive overdrives and some of their derivatives. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

3. oansun

oansun Supporting Member

Great stuff

Scott Naylor and Ardour like this.
  4. Flouncingfleasbag

Flouncingfleasbag Supporting Member

I have two of their fuzz pedals, the Sasori and 76, both excellent. Heard great things about their other pedals, too.

5. Lauri Vennonen

Lauri Vennonen Member

I have been eyeing their if6was9 fuzz, nice sounding videos, great looks and price, but I found a second hand Analogman Sunface bc183 that did it for me.

6. Morgancograve

Morgancograve Member

Great stuff.

I have the Imperial Fuzz and liked it so much I got their If 6 Was 9 Fuzz also.

Some great sounds and modern/useful additions to the classic circuits.

Jet Age Eric and whateverdude like this.
  7. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member

I have their Rosie which is a Tonebender MKII with some modern features. At one point I had a guitar that was equipped with active EMGs and it even played nicely with those while still sounding like a Tonebender. Great build quality as well.

ChampReverb and Jet Age Eric like this.
  8. PerFusionist

PerFusionist Supporting Member

I've only tried one pedal, but I'll throw in that their customer service is great. Very friendly!

9. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Supporting Member

I guess you could say that I'm a fan!

[​IMG]

High-quality products, well built, and very friendly service!

10. sanfi4u

sanfi4u Silver Supporting Member

No worries. SolidgoldFX makes good pedals. I have a few and like them a lot. Good stuff!

11. dmutter

dmutter Member

I have tried a few of their pedals. Quality seemed good and they sounded good too. I would not hesitate to buy from them if I needed anything that they offered.

Jet Age Eric likes this.
  12. Drak

Drak Supporting Member

OMG bro, they make the FUNKZILLA!
    They're a top shelf goods company.
    Love my Funkzilla.

Have a listen.

13. gproud

gproud Member

The Zeta Deluxe has intrigued me for a long time. How would you compare to other drives?

RYAN1987M and Flouncingfleasbag like this.
  14. Colamander

Colamander Member

Awesome pedal company. I currently have a surf rider on my board (great reverb), but love their fuzzes.

15. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

Make sure you buy a keeper or when you decide to sell you'll have to basically give it away.

16. Jet Age Eric

Jet Age Eric Member

Zeta is responsive and mids heavy, KINDA like a more rock 'n' roll Klon. Superdrive is WAY more neutral (based on a 250) and is one of the best ODs I've ever played; like a more rockin' Aphelion.

Rosie is one of the best MKIIs I've played, vintage correct or otherwise.

The 76 is EXCELLENT.

I loved the Appllo and Funkzilla, and would own both if they weren't so big. :(

Bottom line: DO IT!! ;) -E

17. RYAN1987M

I'd agree with @Jet Age Eric - in it's default config, the Zeta is mid-heavy. I really enjoyed the Zeta Deluxe because it was incredibly flexible. I'll admit that I eventually sold it off (I'm constantly buying and selling different pedals)...I found the sound quite high-fidelity and it wasn't necessarily the voicing that I was after at the time. Looking at old pedalboard pics, I think I went from a Zeta Deluxe to a Honey Bee - just such different things, apples and oranges.

Anyhow, the Zeta Deluxe is fantastic at what it does if that's what your after. It's a modern rock sound. The Deluxe variant is so cool though - the JFET Boost sounds amazing and all the voicing switches really make the entire package so flexible. The tone control options work really well. There is a load of volume and gain on tap. And, not to sound shallow, but the pedal itself looked sexy!

18. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

I LOVE their Funk Lite envelope filter. Favorite filter I've had. I'd like to try their fuzzes and octave fuzz.

19. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Member

Tons of great answers here already, but I wanted to add to it as well. In short, great products, made for working musicians, high quality at really decent prices, and really good people. I am not too far from them and Greg (the owner) did some mods on a few pedals I had I can't vouch enough for his work and knowledge. I could have a board of only SGFX pedals and be really happy !!

So go ahead, they are one of the good guys out there !!

Jet Age Eric and RYAN1987M like this.
  20. RYAN1987M

Did I mention how pretty they are?

[​IMG]