1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on the Boss GT-10?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dmarkj22, May 17, 2011.

1. dmarkj22

dmarkj22 Member

As you may know from another thread, I am in the process of building a pedal board but I am also considering just buying a mulit-affects unit like the Boss GT 10. I was wondering, what are your thoughts on it? Is it good? Or do you think it's better to just build my own pedal board?

2. keepingitweird

keepingitweird Member

If it suits your needs and the sound is to your liking, go for it. I have had several multi effect processors in the past...been thru racks, boards, etc...now I prefer the pedal board thing...if there is something in the chain I dont like...swap. Not confined to the limits of one unit. Of course YMMV...

3. Mr Boggie

Mr Boggie Member

started with pedals, went to a G system, went to a GT10, went to a Nova System, back to pedals. Pedals are just easier for me to get my head around. it was ok as i recall, distortions nothing to great, the looper was useless, too many menu's for my taste.

your mileage may vary

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Not a fan on MFX, I think it is limiting and the effects don't always match the individual pedals, for better or worse. I cannot imagine being happy with a pedal board full of stock pedals from any company (boss would be up on the list of ones I might not be happy with). I does make things easier and some people swear by them, but I would suggest that you will get the best sound by having a few pedals that work well with a really nice tube amp. Your sound will only be good if your amp is good. MFX also limit your ability to send your time based (wet) effects to a separate PA usually, which makes a huge difference for your sound.

If you care more about saving money and having versatility, go MFX, if you want best tone, start with the guitar and amp and buy a few nice pedals here and there.

5. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

About to sell mine - mint in box - going back to pedals.
    I just like being able to turn on/off effects individually and don't like messing with menus. Not to mention, it's pretty large.

For those that like to create whole patches, it can do SO much.