What BJFE pedal is beat match for a strat ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by majorledhead, Jan 30, 2008.

1. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I'm trying some new pedals, mostly BJFE when I can find them. I got a HoneyBee that is great with my Humbucker, P90, and Filtertron guitars, but just hasn't matched up to my strats in a classic sense. While it has a new usable tone, that i like, I'm missing that classic strat tone you get from, lets say, an Eternity or Fulldrive 2, screamer based pedal. So, Does BJFE make a color that covers those clean, sparklely, honking texas type tones ?

2. Craise

Craise Member

Yes, the BJF or Mad Professor Little Green Wonder is what you seek.
    Bjorn's take on the Classic TS sound. Tone knob will take you from thiner more transparent to Phat mids. Works with Hums and Single coil pickups.
    The Honey Bee and the Little Green Wonder is "the" BJF must have combo for Classic Rock tones. I've been using these two for years...
    If I could only have two BJFs it would be the HB and a LGW for sure...magic imho!
    You ask for clean and sparkly tho...maybe check out the Voxiness of the EGDM...it's not TS based but those are the tones that come to mind with that pedal.

3. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Member

+1 with the BJF man!
    Try an LGW. KILLER pedal.

4. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The LGW is my favorite od and I play strats most of the time. It has repeatedly beat out all comers on my board. When paired with the PGC is it perfect.

5. Buddy Boy

Buddy Boy Member

How's the low end on the LGW? I tried and AshBass TS last week and the lack of bass loss was cool.

6. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

It has to be Baby Blue OD, works equally well with my strat and tele into a Fender Princeton Reverb II (Dumble modded + Celestion Gold speaker).
    A wonderful OD and the best I've had. (Owned OCD, Zendrive, TS, TS clones, SmallFry ao)
    Also have Little Green Wonder and it's a beautiful match.
    /Thomas

7. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

EGDM is a perfect match for strat, and you can get some of this tone from it, but LGW is more for the screamer type tones.

8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

If you need a cleaner flavor out of the LGW you can swap in a TL072 or TL082 (cleaner) .... (this is the only BJF you can do this with btw.)

9. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Supporting Member

it sounds like you are looking for a LGW for the mid-heavy texas tones. great with strats & HB

that said, the EGDM also works excellent with strats (better than with humbuckers in my experience...)

10. murkat

murkat I like sea otters Silver Supporting Member

my honeybee just showed up today and I'm really diggin it. yes as you said with the guitars stated and then some, then I plugged my Strat in... and I'm getting what you want. I still get the glass, belltones, but i also get some great phatness as well. Basically I have Vol & Drive dimed and nature @1pmish. I can tweek with the vol & tone on the guitar. and when I turn the guitar vol. down, no loss of highs....... Very cool.

but.......... I am plugging into a Komet Concorde as well. ;)

11. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

The big, full low end is the thing that sealed the deal for me repeatedly over different Eternities and my Landgraff. It has more low end than any other TS style od I've tried. And it still has great clarity and high end.

12. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

Hey, I asked whats the BEAT match with a strat. God, I'm the worst typist ever. ( Or speller )...... Thats for the info anyway. I'll probably pickup one of the suggestions depending on what comes available first. As far as the HoneyBee, I'm not saying it sounds bad, its just not the classic tone that I cut my teeth with and have become oh so comfortable in.