What boost FET or Treble Boost pedal for my Eternity...Need juicy/syrup solo boost!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tinkercity, Feb 21, 2008.

1. tinkercity

tinkercity Supporting Member

I'm in love with my Eternity! Haha but now I need to find the perfect match for my solo boosts. I tried my TS-9 Silver/808 and did not like that combo. I have an AC booster which seems to work for the time being, but looking for a bit more crang, syrup and juicy sustain for lead work and solo boosts.

So which boost pedal for this type of deal? I would be stacking it with the Eternity, so recommendations of order of stack would be helpful!

Thanks so much for increasing my G.A.S. ahead of time!:BEER

2. erksin

erksin Member

Maybe a CoT50..?

3. tonecrazy

tonecrazy Member

You might want to try to stack the AC, RC and the E. Another idea would be the 200. I am not sure what that would sound like stacked with the E but there is some serious sustain in that pedal, I am on "the list" and can't wait to try it out.

4. tinkercity

I've got the AC and while it's good, I'm on the hunt for perfection! I feel that it can be a bit on the cold/brittle side of things ala a lot of high end. Not sure a fuzz would work well as that would be a lot of gain...prob too mushy for clarity's sake.

I've been looking at the Caitlinbread stuff and the Time Machine Boost. I've been stacking OD pedals forever and getting the same results: loss of articulation. So now I'm going for a high quality harmonic dripping boost pedal...

Thanks for the suggestions!

5. erksin

erksin Member

You should keep a lot of clarity using the CoT50 - it's fairly low gain until you really crank it up. Even then it stays pretty tight...

6. tinkercity

Thanks! I'll look into the CoT50!

7. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Timmy's are great for stacking because you can dial in your upper and lower frequencies as well as hair on the notes.. plus it is very quiet. One of my favorite stacking boosts.

The Gaspedals Carb also has a really great "gritty" boost that will give some extra chime and compression. Works good before an OD or after.

8. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

+1 E and COT50

9. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

The GSR & Eternity combined creates pure "crang, syrup and juicy sustain" ...

The GSR will give you that famous mid-chirp & sweeten up the Eternity's
    wonderful treble sting just enough so that you wouldn't loose it ...

10. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

The COT50 is just what you're looking for.

11. tinkercity

Thanks for the help! I'll look into both of those pedals!

12. tinkercity

Do you think that along with using the V-Picks that the mid range chirp would be over the top? Being that this is an OD, it will still work well with the E right? Also, what order to you put them in?

Thanks!

13. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

In addition to those suggested above, and at the risk of being accused of being a Keeley shill :D, the Keeley Fuzz Head was designed for this and a Keeley Comp is also good.

14. tinkercity

I've settled on the Lovepedal CoT50 Gold. I've got one in the mail and can't wait to give her a trial run!