What Brand of Guitar Cable is this?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bilbal, Jun 15, 2008.

1. bilbal

bilbal Member

Yesterday afternoon, I watched a buddy's band play at a picnic gathering. Before I got a chance to ask him what kind of cable he was using, he and his wife disappeared from the party. He must have left right after his sets and while another buddy's band was setting up.

Anyway...I noticed the chord he was using from his guitar through his effects and into his twin was super, super, small. I would guess it was probably at least half the diameter of a standard instrument cable. Does anyone have any idea what it could have been? This cable was super, super, thin but seemed perfect - quality-wise. I would ask him but I can't get a hold of him.

Any guesses guys?

b

2. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

Lava mini ELC mebbe?
    I'm super happy with mine. Very small with huge sound and nice clarity.

3. tapeup

tapeup Butterscotch Supt. Member Gold Supporting Member

My guess would be the smaller George L's, the .115 or whatever it's called, not the .225, though come to think of it, it's pretty small by way of comparison to "standard" cables also. I have both sizes, and I think it may be one of those, as George L's are pretty popular and have been around a long time, even though a lot of TGP'ers kind of turn their noses up at them these days it seems.

4. bilbal

bilbal Member

The cable had the same ends as the completed one in this picture. I have to assume that it was a George L design. Thanks for the help guys.

[​IMG]

5. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

Pic is kinda small, but it looks like a George L with right angle plugs and optional caps, though I'm quite sure the wire diameter is .155 and not .115 as previously mentioned.

I know lots of people who use these, but for the guitar to amp connection I prefer the .225 cable.

6. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

Most likely GL's or Bill Lawrence - both of those are .155" in outer diameter...