• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

What bridges the gap between...

BukiUki

a treble booster and a fuzz face?
Both intended as germanium examples of their categories,
i love my london fuzz and sun face, and i think i've finally gotten the hang of the hbe germania, even if mostly in the hi fi, full frequency setting...
But, this leaves me wondering, is there anything that sits in between these two circuits?
I'm looking for something to use with an ac30 on the verge of breakup, where the fuzz face prefers the amp cleaner, and the treble booster lacks a little bit of fuzzy splatty goodness...i definitely need to be able to clean up with guitar volume knob...
so, anything out there that sounds like this?

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
Have you looked into the Catalinbread Naga Viper? It's a treble booster with the addition of a tone/frequency control of sorts and a gain knob. Between those and the traditional boost knob it's really versatile and can get super nasty...plus, a lot of people rave about how it sounds with an AC30.

BukiUki

Hey thanks, i just had a look at it, and it seems interesting, but it's still a treble booster, i guess i'm after a bit more dirt than a rangemaster...

Whiskey N Beans

Screwdriver maybe. It's a hybrid Ge Si circuit with a treble booster type stage I think. Read Skreddy's description. Cuts like a mother and full of tone for days.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom