What cables am I going to need for axe fx ultra?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by kfiggy, Jan 22, 2012.

1. kfiggy

kfiggy Member

I have an axe fx ultra on the way, I also have the mfc-101, mesa 50 50 power amp and 2 mission pedals that I wols want to hook up into it. I want to have the cables ready when it all gets here so I can use it right away so what am I going to need to hook all of this up?

2. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

You just need to figure out your cable routing from each piece of gear.

Draw it out. Position the items (Axe FX, Pedal, amp and cab) in your drawing at a distance from each other that's proportional to how you'll be using it and then plot out your cable runs. Doing this in advance will prevent ending up with cables that are way too long or way too short. Having an approximate sense of how many cables you need and what lengths will prevent having to go back and order more cables to fit the application.

You'll need some instrument grade cable of various lengths. A MIDI cable or two would be needed. I'd have a couple of spares just in case.

If you have a bunch of instrument cables, MIDI cables and a USB cable for a MIDI converter box, you'd have enough to make music, use Axe-Edit, and you could figure out the rest from there.

Congrats and enjoy...it's one deep box. :aok

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  3. mmcm4

mmcm4 Member

I think he'll need the MIDI because the AxeFX-Ultra doesn't have an ethernet port.

4. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

Oops. I missed Ultra. Edited my post accordingly. Thanks.