What color to paint a full size Fuzz Face?

What color should I paint a Fuzz Face?

• Verde Green Hammertone

• Glow in the Dark

• Frosted Sea Glass

• Pink

Results are only viewable after voting.

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Are you going to spray a protective gloss/varnish topcoat?

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Gold Supporting Member
I'm in the middle of a guitar project and found something interesting:

one can add highlights to sprays, and get a hammertone.
No hammertone was applied, but a hammerish result was had :

Hulakatt

Supporting Member
You guys are killing me! I'll have to grab another one to do in pink with some of Analogman's Japanese transistors thrown in for good measure ;). I even have Subaru Cherry Blossom Red (Subaru Pink) lying around. I'll dig around and see if I can figure out how to do my own decals and do the whole thing in Kanji.

The Secret to Hammered finishes is to do it wrong. For other finishes, you spray it on drier than you think and layer the coats in. For hammertone, you spray it on wet and then do another wet coat before the first dries. As the first coat dries, it shrinks up some and creates those little dimples all over.

Sam Xavier

Although I voted for Glow paint - and I'm cut to the quick that you didn't do it - the green hammer finish will be pretty damn groovy. Like some old equipment you'd find in a mad scientist's lab.

Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

Hulakatt

Supporting Member
Don’t touch it. Beat up fuzz faces are killer.
You're a bit behind the times.

Although I voted for Glow paint - and I'm cut to the quick that you didn't do it - the green hammer finish will be pretty damn groovy. Like some old equipment you'd find in a mad scientist's lab.

Looking forward to seeing the finished article.
That's exactly why I already own Verde Green Hammertone! I restore and the rebuild old tools from time to time as well.

Hulakatt

Supporting Member
Hmm... there's usually a handful of battered Fuzz Faces on my local CL but none to be found at the moment.

Trending Topics