What did you guys replace your DMM with?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by macmax77, Feb 6, 2012.

1. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

I love my DMM, it is only that it occupies a lot of real state in my board and i want to know if there is a small pedal that sounds great with good modulation.

Heard about the ML JR, but never tried one.
    Any suggestions?

2. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

3. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

isn't that the she size as the DMM?

4. jb1911

jb1911 Member

You can't replace a DMM.

5. swellguy66

swellguy66 Member

Get the new one coming

6. tashiattack

tashiattack Member

Pretty much.

I'll say that, in my opinion, the closet i've ever gotten to a DMM was with the pigtronix echolution, but even then..

7. swellguy66

swellguy66 Member

It sent by accident. Get the new one coming out called the DMM 550 TT. Yes it's smaller.

8. Bman20

Bman20 Supporting Member

skreddy echo

9. 10strings

10strings Member

Memory Lane Jr... :munch

10. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

Ya, you really can't replace a DMM. I may have a Timeline on my board instead of my DMM just because of the versatility, but nothing sounds as good as a DMM.

11. parkhill

parkhill Member

This. I took mine off my board this week because of size. I'm thinking of putting it back on though. I was hoping the carbon copy I bought would replace the DMM at a fraction of the size. It's pretty good but not at all the same. I may stick with carbon copy live anyway and just use the DMM for recording. We'll see. I have a timeline on there as well and that combined with the DMM takes up a ton of real estate.

12. ttasselm

ttasselm Member

Live, you could use a lot of different choices and your audience would be hard-pressed to find any differences. No sense overspending, in my opinion...I really love my Echo Park for its durability and small footprint. I've gotten good sounds out of the TC Flashback, too.

Of course, I'm going to have to agree with many here that the DMM is irreplaceable. In a studio setting, I'd go for the DMM every time.

13. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I've only ever tried a DMMXO(newer version that replaced the big box DMM) and the DMMTT. Nothing I've tried can honestly replace its original tone, but the ML Jr. beat out them both for me, but remember its not cuz the ML Jr. sounded like a DMM. It's cuz the ML Jr. sounded just about as warm(very close) to me as the DMMTT, but yes it sounded different. But IMO the modulations on them both sounded just as beautiful.
    So yeah, and then the size of the ML Jr. over the DMM was a bonus. The ML Jr. also has more fidelity in the repeats as they go on so yeah - its not analog like that concerning a DMM, the ML Jr. doesn't go into oscillation.
    I do think I'd agree with others that you can't replace the same tone of a DMM with anything else, but I did find the ML Jr. better for me for more reason than I've stated here.

14. nealh999

nealh999 Member

I got a Tech 21 Boost DLA, and sold the DMM for a huge profit. I never regretted it, and I got tap tempo to boot. Thanks to Brett Kingman (Burgs) for the great demos that made me realize the DMM is awesome, but not irreplaceable.

15. nealh999

nealh999 Member

I should stress again that the DMM is pretty awesome. Ok, so I miss it. Just a little...

16. thegreatma3

thegreatma3 Member

strymon timeline. i know, it won't sound as lushious as the DMM, but i needed something smaller with a looper, tap tempo, and presets. i will miss the DMM but i wont look back or else i'll be tempted to pick one up again.