• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What did you replace your Nobles ODR1 with?

BrianWampler

That's a good question - I've taken apart TONS of pedals over the past 8 years or so, but I still haven't yet ran upon anything that was cloned after the nobels odr-1. I can say this, though - it's a great sounding circuit! We are actually coming out with a (build your own) DIY kit based on the odr-1 though so maybe that will change in the future.

For something out there today, I'd say maybe the bb preamp or some sort of opamp based overdrive that isn't focused on that mid hump frequency like all the tubescreamer clones.

PEImatrix

That's a good question - I've taken apart TONS of pedals over the past 8 years or so, but I still haven't yet ran upon anything that was cloned after the nobels odr-1. I can say this, though - it's a great sounding circuit! We are actually coming out with a (build your own) DIY kit based on the odr-1 though so maybe that will change in the future.

For something out there today, I'd say maybe the bb preamp or some sort of opamp based overdrive that isn't focused on that mid hump frequency like all the tubescreamer clones.
Do you have a mailing list?

CWFurst

That's fantastic news! I love the ODR-1 and would love to see it in a DIY kit or premade kit. Awesome OD.

deke99

Good to hear on the DIY kit! I still use mine all the time, only mod was for true bypass. Matches GREAT with a Marshall amp, keeps the bass and doesn't hump the mids as indy states.

Desperado

Vertex Effects, Inc.
Xact Tone has an Nobels OD clone that's a prototype as I recall, maybe it's in production now, but I'm not sure.

Trending Topics