What did you think of Bowie's Heroes...

...at the end of the film JoJo Rabbit? With German lyrics? For a film that was 50% nonsense, I found it intensely moving.

Discuss.

stanshall

one of his best albums, instant classic for me, had really enjoyed both Station to Station and Low, had been listening to Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy every day for two years, was primed for it, and it delivered

knew it was going to be great as soon as I dropped the needle on Beauty and the Beast

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I had it in German on the soundtrack to Christiane F, which was basically made up of Station, Low and Heroes tracks. I played that album to death when I was at university.

That era from Station through to Scary Monsters must be one of the best creative runs in the history of rock music.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
It's an interesting film, too.
I need to watch it again, it's years since I saw it. I remember it being very bleak and with a rather incongruous full length performance of Bowie doing Station To Station in the middle of it, but not much detail. I think I have it somewhere, still got a box full of DVDs I can't bring myself to chuck out.

OM Flyer

Along with Low and Lodger, Heroes is the perfect centerpiece album for the "Berlin trilogy," and in many ways is the strongest of the three. Collectively, they represent some of the best music of the late 70s.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
That was your 8th post in 8.5 years of membership. I'm giving it a B- . Stay with it!
Needs to refine his chops a bit - I suggest 20 pages hard labour in a Billie Eilish or Relic thread. That'll get the distain down to a fine art!

pd1030

Gold Supporting Member
I remember how good it made me feel watching Bowie perform it at the concert for NYC in 2001. Gave me goosebumps.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
Honestly, I found it distracting at the end of the film. I enjoyed the film and Heroes certainly “fit” the mood of the ending, but it felt cheap/cartoonish (?) to me for some reason.

Trending Topics