What Digital Delay Nails the DMM?

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
I really like my CMATMODS Deeelay. Really clean and clear repeats. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg either.

melven62

Nothing nails it. The echo park and the timeline are the closest that I've heard. The Alter Ego does pretty well too

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Zosozep: were you serious or kidding about the Flashback?

Yes and no. I owned a FB and really liked it. It did many things nicely. Ive never owned a DMM so i couldnt tell you if the FB can replicate it. I was somewhat joking because the FB is always mentioned in other delay threads as to nailing a particular sound. It always seems to be a trump card so to say. Im sure some will say the FB will replicate the DMM.

hydroquebec

+1 for the Timefactor in vintage mode. It will get quite close to the DMM by turning the filter up into the 90's and adding vibrato to the repeats.

hydroquebec

Yes and no. I owned a FB and really liked it. It did many things nicely. Ive never owned a DMM so i couldnt tell you if the FB can replicate it. I was somewhat joking because the FB is always mentioned in other delay threads as to nailing a particular sound. It always seems to be a trump card so to say. Im sure some will say the FB will replicate the DMM.

The Alter Ego supposedly does a decent job of this, but it's just one setting that it emulates. One would not be able to adjust the amount or type of modulation.

lux_interior

The Flashback doesn't "nail" any sound... it's just a versatile delay pedal of high quality with lots of very useful sounds. I personally don't see it as a means to "nail" a tone (I would get the real thing if this was my purpose) but as an extra tool - as a means to an end, whether I want a slight lead delay, a reverb-y one, an Edge-inspired dotted eight one, a huge but gentle ethereal one etc etc. As far as the DMM, no digital delay nails it, but the ones already mentioned can give a good flavour that will also sit well in a mix.

Cosmogang

I think the old Ibanez DML line of digital modulated delays has an awesome, clear tone with great modulation.

mdmack

I have a timeline and a DMM next to each other on my board and in my chain. The Timeline can get so close to it that ill guarantee yo ucant tell the difference, but digital delay just does not have the feel of analogue. Analogue delay seems to follow you and there is a lot to be said for that.

oil

None do and I have tried pretty much all of them. Closest was the Strymon Brigadier.

danonbass

Closest I've found is the Strymon dBucket algorithm, used in the Timeline and the Brigadier. But it's kinda like tube amp modeling, it may sound pretty dang close, but the feel is not gonna be there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom