• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What dirt pedal for Gretsch thru completely clean fender?

RockinRob

looking for a good tex-mex kinda sound. I run my 66 pro and 76 twin completely clean, so I need something that can add some nice raunch but keep the gretsch sound. Generally I prefer a slightly overdriven amp with a boost pedal, but for this rig the amps have to stay clean. No experience With dirt pedals that have to sound good all on their own.

alguit

Silver Supporting Member
looking for a good tex-mex kinda sound. I run my 66 pro and 76 twin completely clean, so I need something that can add some nice raunch but keep the gretsch sound. Generally I prefer a slightly overdriven amp with a boost pedal, but for this rig the amps have to stay clean. No experience With dirt pedals that have to sound good all on their own.
I've had great experiences with two: the Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker-one knob, and as one increases it, it adds compression and overdrive; with a Gretsch, it's brilliant! The other, which I just used this week on a gig all night, was my Gretsch Setzer Hotrod into the Bogner Wessex into a clean amp (a Louis Electric Deluxe Buster). With the Wessex set on medium overdrive, I got a sweet, lightly overdriven sound with the ability to clean it up nicely on the guitar's volume knob.

Ok, let us now begin the listing of two hundred other overdrives! :)

ndtealmusic

I'd start with something like a Barber Gain Changer, or a Compact Direct Drive for even more compressed, raunchy goodness.

Also.....
Mojo Hand Rook
Greer Southland
Jetter Gold Standard

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
XTS Winford Drive is a great choice. It handles a ton of range and has incredible volume knob clean up.

RockinRob

well let me ask this...does a Morning Glory have enough gain to drive a clean fender into some raunch? That's the pedal I seem to like the most from the reviews. I am 250 miles from the nearest store to try any of this stuff so I gotta go on advice.

Trending Topics