1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

what do i love even more than the KOT? its creator, Analog Mike.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vanguard, May 20, 2011.

1. vanguard

vanguard Member

:love:

so the KOT gets lots of praise. but it seems to be general praise, and this pedal is so damn great it deserves my love right this instant. the KOT is like the tube screamer you always wish you'd had. it's still got glorious, natural mids so the overdrive sounds smooth and real, but it never gets honky or boxy like a TS does. it's never picky about what amps it likes. feed it into any amp and you get a more tasteful dose of TS compression and smooth chime, but where the TS becomes the amp, the KOT works with your amp, thus letting you get the often claimed but rarely achieved "still your amp, just more".

the KOT doesn't try to impress with flash or muscle. it's a quiet pedal that's happy letting patient users slowly discover its glory, rather than a loud, flavor-of-the-month'er that comes out the gates all exciting and flashy and then. . .fizzle. . .onto ebay.

the KOT will just work when whiz-bangier OD's fail; no bull sh#t, just smooth, honest OD. after it saves you several times you realize "great st. francis, this pedal is like an old friend, a reliable truck, or a pretty small town gal that does over time what fancy NYC chicks just can't satiate long-term.

i love you KOT; and i love your kind maker: mr. analog mike.

mike's always answered my stupid emails. he's dug up old prototype pedals i've been dying to try and sold them to me just to be cool. he's the man that makes pedals that don't reinvent the wheel or come in super sweet finishes. He just gives us perfect versions of classic tools with all the bad quirks (switching, shoddy jacks, huge enclosures, etc.) ironed out, and with all the subtle, lovable idiosyncrasies highlighted and celebrated.

you are a man among men, analog mike; i salute you as a tiny purple man with plumber's crack:

:bow

2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

3. aeroslepperin

aeroslepperin Member

mike has been totally cool and helpful over the years!!! it's been greatly appreciated!

4. Zero G

Zero G Member

Get a room already! Jesus.... :D Seriously though, I've never played through one of his pedals, but I'm dying to try one. Analog Mike, if you are reading this, send me a free pedal and I will love you so hard. SO HARD. ;)

5. MRCHILL4

MRCHILL4 Member

Mike is the man !

6. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

Mike has always answered my e-mails within 24 hours, is courteous, informative, and a true gentleman.

I've had a KOT and a Clone Chorus, both were fantastic. (Would have them still, but needed $$$ at the time!)

7. supercollider

supercollider Member

Mike's great. My favourite pedal is an old 2001' Ibanez TS808 that I sent to have TV-modded. There is something special about the tone. Can't find anything else like. More dumble-y, growly, sweet and strainey than all my zendrive, jester and all the other overdrives I've tried.

Good job Mike!

8. Mandoboy

Mandoboy Member

One of the most trustworthy brands in Geardom. Excellent build quality, great ideas/improvements in design, excellent customer service...KOT, silver TS9, ARDX 20/Amazeo, Sun Face white dot, Beano, BiComprossor, Astro Tone, Peppermint Fuzz- each one a keeper.

9. ThePenwellCrash

ThePenwellCrash Member

:agree

KOT, Bi-Comp, Mini-Chorus, Beano Boost, SunFace (NKT wd), Astrotone, plus a host of mods to Boss/Ibanez/MXR...

Every AnalogMan pedal I've ever had has done it's particular tone better than any other in it's field. I completely trust Mike's ears for my gear
    :beer

10. fieldsroyal

fieldsroyal Member

I bought a king of tone a few years back - smoothest of transactions - the way a business ought to be run

11. Truxton Spangler

Truxton Spangler Member

Totally agree. Who can argue when love is in the air? :)

Best regards -T

12. Marcfordsfuzz513

Marcfordsfuzz513 Member

I love Analog Mike too. I expect a Beano Boost and or a Peppermint Fuzz to be on my pedal board sometime this year. I just need to balance, a cigar habit and a guitar habit..

13. Truxton Spangler

Truxton Spangler Member

You know you need those Gurkhas :munch

Best regards -T

14. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

i've withered afternoon hours away writing A N A L O G M A N over and over again

15. nightraven

nightraven Senior Member

great guy, always answers my mails quickly and informatively, even when they have nothing to do with his pedals. he's got a great collection of vintage stuff as well!

16. Marcfordsfuzz513

Marcfordsfuzz513 Member

ive got a Rocky Patel right now..If Analog Mike made cigars..... I'd totally smoke em'.

17. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

i've withered afternoon hours away writing A N A L O G M A N over and over again

[​IMG]

all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy

all work and no ANALOGMAN make Jack a dull boy

all work and no ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

make Jack a dull boy

make Jack a dull boy

make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

all work and no
    ANALOGMAN
    make Jack a dull boy

:)

ROKY likes this.
  18. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

19. rongtr1

rongtr1 Member

KOT, DynaRoss, and a TR-2! You can't go wrong with Mike's stuff!

20. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

4 of my 6 pedals on my board are mikes.