What do i need?

apeape

An eq, compressor, buffer or boost for eric johnson clean tone? I notice some high end loss and some mid loss when i play through my board into an ac15. My signal chain is mojo vibe>tim>2 channel looper. 1 loop has a pitchblack the other has a large beaver>dmm. Guitar to board cable length is 10ft, same as board to amp. All wired by japanese mogami cables. Any help will be appreciated.

bicktrav

Is the Mojo Vibe true bypass? I'm not an expert on this by any means, so anyone more knowledgable, please feel free to correct me, but I think you'd be best served placing a quality buffer at the start of your chain. I think the Mojo tone might have a buffer option in it that bolsters high end and prevents against tone degradation. If so, that switch should be engaged.

JackStraw12

I'd go 2 Loop > Tuner

Loop 1 has the Vibe and the DMM

Loop 2 has the Tim and the Large Beaver

Maybe a Fat Boost?

apeape

The vibe has that option but the click noise is really, really... Unbeareable. Id go with the 2 loop>tuner but i much prefer dmm after my dirt and vibe before dirt, and somehow i think the pitchblack robs more of my high end... But that might be my ears. Im quite stuck actually -.-

bicktrav

The vibe has that option but the click noise is really, really... Unbeareable. Id go with the 2 loop>tuner but i much prefer dmm after my dirt and vibe before dirt, and somehow i think the pitchblack robs more of my high end... But that might be my ears. Im quite stuck actually -.-
What do you mean when you say the click noise is unbearable? Do you mean when you stomp the pedal in buffer mode there's a popping sound that isn't there when it isn't in buffer mode? If that's the case, and you don't see any way around setting your Mojo Tone to True Bypass, you really might consider adding a good buffer before it. That will preserve the high end better than re-arranging will.

apeape

Yup the true bypass mode, i think, has that pop sound. Ok ive been looking at T1M mini buffer, but have been wondering, issit a passive unit?

bicktrav

apeape said:
Yup the true bypass mode, i think, has that pop sound. Ok ive been looking at T1M mini buffer, but have been wondering, issit a passive unit?
It's my understanding that a passive buffer unit doesn't exist, so I would imagine the T1M is not passive. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.

Trending Topics