• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What do yall think of the Zinky Blue Velvet 25 Watt???

Staceydude

Any experiences with it?

Compared to say a Fender Deluxe Reverb or a Handwired Heritage AC15???

Regards

sixstring531

Silver Supporting Member
never played teh fender, but the Blue Velvet is all that and a huge bag of chips. Versatile tonemonster if you ask me.

Staceydude

Well, I have the handwired Vox and this far it is phenomenal.

I can not afford a $1500.00 amp so I stick with what is in my budget.

I have also had a Silverface Deluxe Reverb which I loved and have played through a DRRI and I thought it was super.

However I have never played through a Zinky.

Looks like a cool amp and somewhat affordable.

Just not easy to demo.

Regards

jerrylee

Silver Supporting Member
The cleans were so-so, but the med to high gain tones were great..no pedals needed. I thought the reverb was a tad metallic sounding - but I odn't use much reverb. If I didn't have chronic GAS I would still own the thing.

hamfist

No experience of the DR, but have owned a BV25 and a Heritage AC30HH. The BV has way more gain than either of the other two for sure.
personally, I found the BV to be an astounding low volume amp, but struggled to cut through in a band situation.
Cleans were also not the best. THe BV is all about it's gain channel !!

rockerjt

The 50 watt Velvet head kills; a tone monster which I liked better than my XTC or my SLO. Clean channel is OK, but I got it for the overdrive channel.Thick, creamy, gobs of tone...............very happy. And Bruce is a super cool, very helpful guy.

ungarn

The 50 watt Velvet head kills; a tone monster which I liked better than my XTC or my SLO. Clean channel is OK, but I got it for the overdrive channel.Thick, creamy, gobs of tone...............very happy. And Bruce is a super cool, very helpful guy.
+1 TOTALLY different amp than what you were comparing it to.

guitarman_nebr

Silver Supporting Member
i use the BV with a Xotic pedals, it sounds killer. it covers much more ground than my DRRI did.

the RC Booster puts the clean channel where it needs to be. with the bump the pedal provides in the low mids, this amp cuts just fine.

i use the AC Booster for mid gain and to boost the drive channel into 80's metal range.

the built in mid boost gets you in the neighborhood of decent British or American OD tones. not Fender or Vox, but Zinky sounding.

the Deluxe Reverb Reissue i had hated most pedals, the Blue Velvet loves them!!

yes, Bruce Zinky is a great guy. he took my BV and redid some of the inner workings to my specs and didn't charge me much more than the cost of parts....that is why i will always play his amps.

Trending Topics